• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: From TabletROMs, About dj_steves absence

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I am reading through all of this and as most of you know, I worked close with DJ_Steve in the beginning and he did some great stuff, but I do feel abandonded by him because he went on to the Dell Streak development long before he had financial issues. I feel bad that he is or was having financial issues, but I do think that a dev should continue to support a device when the people on the forum pitch in and purchase you a device. At the time, the Thrive was new and quite expensive. Those that purchased me one will not see me disapear any time soon. I love the people here and want to continue giving you the support I think you all should get. I do not expect to see DJ_Steve here again and in all truth, I think we have a good selectin of devs that are providing the stuff that everyone wants. Regardless of DJ_Steve or XDA. Support your devs that are here and supporting you.
    danvee, daisy192, DWolves and 4 others like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    And we have a darn great group of devs!!!! All of you take a bow, you deserve our support and we love your support!
    danvee and remotehugger like this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    I agree 100 % - the dev's here are incredible -

Sent from my Honeybaked 2.0 TT with Tapatalk 2
    danvee likes this.
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    When Paul helped me set up my Thrive I didn't think twice about donating for his time and effort setting me up.
    It is not mandatory but it would be nice if everyone here could donate a little something to show our appreciation for their outstanding work.
    We are blessed with some great developer's here and if you haven't donated please do so when you can.
    Hope this doesn't come across to strong but where would we be without their valuable time and input in making our Thrive's our own personal tablet.
    Dennis
    remotehugger and iandyT like this.
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    This is exactly what I was referring to. I have sent you a small donation and pitched in on purchasing a Thrive. It has been worth every penny of it. I am using your ROM and am quite happy with it. I haven't found a need to try one of the other ones. If I do, then I don't mind supporting those developers as well. However, I am not going to invest in someone who is not around and tells me they will start developing for the thrive w/out seeing some results first.

You are a great asset to this forum and I do appreciate everything you do. I don't see how you spend as much time as you do.

Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    I am reading through all of this and as most of you know, I worked close with DJ_Steve in the beginning and he did some great stuff, but I do feel abandonded by him because he went on to the Dell Streak development long before he had financial issues. I feel bad that he is or was having financial issues, but I do think that a dev should continue to support a device when the people on the forum pitch in and purchase you a device. At the time, the Thrive was new and quite expensive. Those that purchased me one will not see me disapear any time soon. I love the people here and want to continue giving you the support I think you all should get. I do not expect to see DJ_Steve here again and in all truth, I think we have a good selectin of devs that are providing the stuff that everyone wants. Regardless of DJ_Steve or XDA. Support your devs that are here and supporting you.
    danvee likes this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I wasn't trying to tell people to donate, only I was one of the originals, heck I even let steve himself take control of my laptop (talk about trust) so he could work on my thrive when we were first obtaining root.

It was just the first Id heard from him in a while, and I accepted his explanation to me at first that he was working on the streak first, then would work on the Thrive, as according to him, they had similar architecture.

I was just passing on more information. However, I agree that we definitely support the developers here that already provide support and hacking to our Thrives!

However, I think dj_steve is more of a tabletroms.com team than a XDA dev, lol.
    Remember, TabletROMS.com is now a forum foundry sister forum (like us).

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 05-28-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    danvee likes this.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    And thanks for the info. dJ_steve was instrumental in getting us where we are here and he did come over from TabletROMS.com took lend us a hand. It's good to hear about long last friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post

However, I think dj_steve is more of a tabletroms.com team than a XDA dev, lol.
    Remember, TabletROMS.com is now a forum foundry sister forum (like us).

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    he should still lurk in every now and then
    danvee likes this.
    D1-rooted ss 5.5 lv 1.0ghz--------RETIRED
    Droid bionic stock rooted
    Thrive 32g- rooted dj_steve .32
    --------------------------------------------
    Theory it always works
    Practice it rarely does
    --------------------------------
    My projects
    Netflix Patch -ended (does not need work around)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads