• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.33.5.0005 OOM Rooted ROM (Canadian HC 3.2.1)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Cool [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.33.5.0005 OOM Rooted ROM (Canadian HC 3.2.1)

Thrive HTK55D.33.5.0005 OOM Rooted ROM - This is a Canadian based ROM

This release of DaleNet HTK55D.33.5.0005 OOM Rooted ROM is basicaly a stock ROM, but I did add fastboot back into the recovery menu and added ClockWorkMod. I did not decide for you if an of the other applications should be removed, so I moved many of the remaining pre-installed apps from system to user installed. This allows you to remove the apps you do not want and keep the apps that you want to keep. I have added only minimal mods and will add more if there is enough interest in the mod. You can use Titanium Backup or any root enabled file manager to remove any of the pre-installed apps that I did not move to the user installed area.

- INSTRUCTIONS -

NOTE: Please do a complete system backup before installing this ROM. If you have a problem when loading, you will then be able to restore your device to the way it was before you attempted to install this ROM. Thank you.

WARNING: This WILL delete all user data and apps. It resets the device to out of the box state.

To install this ROM, do the following:

You will need to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to your device.
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    3. Select "Install zip from sdard".
    4. Select "Apply /sdcard/update.zip".
    5. Select "Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip".
    6. Watch the ROM install on your device.
    7. When completed, select "+++++Go Back+++++".
    8. Select "reboot system now".
    9. Once the device boots up, go through the initial setup. I recommend that you do NOT let Google restore your apps, so unselect this option during setup.
    10. Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:
      • On the main screen, select APPS.
      • On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
      • From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
      • On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top.
      • Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom.
      • If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good. NOTE: You might get a failure setting /system to R/O. This is OK and can be ignored.
    11. After ensuring you have superuser access, use Titanium Backup to restore your apps or use the Market to reload your apps (one at a time).
    12. Enjoy the ROM.
    - SCREEN SHOTS -

None. Looks like the stock OS out of the box.

- CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0
    • Initial release.
    • Added OOM rooted boot image.
    • Added fastboot to reccovery menu.
    • Added su binary.
    • Added busybox binary.
    • Added OpenVPN.
    • Added AdHoc patch.
    • Added bash shell.
    • Replaced stock recovery with ClockWorkMod.
    • Removed stock recovery replacement files.
    • Moved the following pre-installed apps from system to user installed:
      • Adobe Flash Player
      • Adobe Reader
      • Amazon Kindle
      • Calc
      • Earth Live Wallpaper
      • Evernote
      • File MAnager
      • Galaxy Live Wallpaper
      • GMail
      • Google+
      • Google 3D Gallery
      • Google Browser
      • Google Movie Studio
      • Google Play Music
      • Online Manual
      • PrintShare
      • Show
      • Swype Keyboard
      • Toshiba Media Player
      • TuneWiki
      • Water Live Wallpaper
      • Write
      • YouTube Player
    • ZipAligned apk files.
    - DOWNLOAD -

DaleNet-Thrive-HTK55D.33.5.0005-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 (MD5 Checksum Value: 17d91d89d76d56bb2a8703d98f81669d)

GPS Fix By Country and Continent

- FUTURE CHANGES

None. This will remain a stock ROM for people to flash their device back to fully stock.

- Thanks -
    All those that have tested for me.
    All those that have donated to me.
    ChrisRaabe likes this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    This ROM does not have the issues that the US ROM has. Titanium Backup works fine. GPS does take a while to get the first lock, but after that, it seems to work fine. All the apps have been updated to the latest versions and many have been moved to the user installed location so you can uninstall them. As usual, let me know if you find any issues. Enjoy.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need some help, dalepl

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    This ROM does not have the issues that the US ROM has. Titanium Backup works fine. GPS does take a while to get the first lock, but after that, it seems to work fine. All the apps have been updated to the latest versions and many have been moved to the user installed location so you can uninstall them. As usual, let me know if you find any issues. Enjoy.
    Hi, this is my first attempt at installing a ROM on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. So far, not so good.
    I keep getting an error when I go to install ROM from SD card, it gives me the following error message: An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!
    HELP...?!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    What ROM are you currently on? Do you have ClockWorkMod installed? What steps are you doing? Give me as much information as you can. The more the better.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    What ROM are you currently on? Do you have ClockWorkMod installed? What steps are you doing? Give me as much information as you can. The more the better.
    Currently, the ROM I am on is HTK55D.33.5.0005
    I do have ClockWorkMod installed, yes.

I downloaded the zip file mentioned above (DaleNet-Thrive-HTK55D.33.5.0005-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0), unzipped it, and placed the update.zip on my SD card.
    I then open up ClockWorkMod, go to the Install ROM from SD Card, click on the update.zip, and it brings up a window, ROM Pre-Installation, with three options; Backup Existing ROM, Wipe Data and Cache, and Wipe Dalvik Cache.

But, I think I just figured out what my problem is...my tablet isn't rooted yet...which I'm having some trouble trying to figure out...?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Where did you get ClockWorkMod? I hope not the Market/Store.
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 03-20-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Wheredid younget ClockWorkMod? I hope not the Market/Store.
    Yes, I sure did...But I've now done the ClockWorkMod Installation tool, just can't get the stupid GPS to stay locked on after closing it...I downloaded the GPS Status app, can get a lock, but it won't stay locked once closing it, and hooking my tablet up to my laptop.

I've seen other folks on here state that they were having trouble getting a GPS lock, suppose I have to keep trying?
    Last edited by DMG1983; 03-19-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Sorry to tell you this, but this ROM cannot currently be roioted. It, like the latest US ROM has had the hole we used for rooting closed. You will have to wait until we find a new way to root.
    My Development

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG1983 View Post
    Yes, I sure did...But I've now done the ClockWorkMod Installation tool, just can't get the stupid GPS to stay locked on after closing it...I downloaded the GPS Status app, can get a lock, but it won't stay locked once closing it, and hooking my tablet up to my laptop.

I've seen other folks on here state that they were having trouble getting a GPS lock, suppose I have to keep trying?
    Well, the CWM in the Store won't work with the Thrive, at least not for this purpose, and you can't install the correct one because, as Paul mentioned, the ROM you have cannot be rooted, etc. You are out of luck until someone finds a new exploit.
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 03-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Well, the CWM in the Store is won't work with the Thrive, at least not for this purpose, and you can't install the correct one because, as Paul mentioned, the ROM you have cannot be rooted, etc. You are out of luck until someone finds a new exploit.
    Well, fair enough. I think I have this straight, appreciate the help, and kind words of wisdom. Though I'm probably more a pest than anything else, it's good to have help so readily available to someone like myself, who doesn't quite have a complete handle on this rooting thing.
    So, let me get this straight:
    1). This post was posted last Friday, and the hole has already been closed, correct?
    2). This isn't an actual root for your tablet, it will only 'root' certain, if not most, of the factory installed apps to a different location so you can either a). uninstall them, or b). keep them.
    If this is the case, should a post not be posted on this thread to make people aware of the hole being closed, and will not work until a new hole is found?

No need to apologize for something you've but no control over. No hard feelings. Suppose I'll stop trying, and await a new solution.

Thank you all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads