• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to rooting. Have HTK55D.31.5.0003. How to root with no fastboot?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy New to rooting. Have HTK55D.31.5.0003. How to root with no fastboot?

Hi. I'm new to the root scene. I decided to try and root my Thrive the other day but found out I don't have the fastboot option (first icon). I found a thread about fastboot recovery via a GPS exploit but I could not apply it. I (eventually) get a GPS lock (solid circle inside the circle - no blink) and I exit Maps and when I try to continue in the fastboot recovery program, it does not allow me to. I noticed that the recovery was taken off by the author so I don't know what to do now.Summary:* Have HTK55D.31.5.0003 (latest Thrive update).* Can GPS lock, but can't apply GPS-fastboot-recovery program/exploit.* No fastboot, which means no clockwork... no rooting.Please help!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    There appears to have been changes with the .0003 update that is preventing the exploit used earlier to work. I am sure the devs are hard at work to find a fix. For the moment if you are on the OTA .0003, there is no known way to get fastboot onto the device. This is the first requirement to process to rooting.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply. I hope the devs can make a solution. I would most greatly appreciate it!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yes i am trying to root my thrive htk55d.31.5.0003 and would love to know when theres a way i have rooted many devices so far but this one has be stumped with the loss of fastboot........thanks for all the previous help and great info

tz1
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    CAn you use the downgrade - rollback to get fastboot back?
    Is your iPad battery low? Here, just plug it into my Thrive...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    One word answer, No.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies so far.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would also like to know this. I tried downgrading, but after installing update, per the KB referenced in this thread: ATTENTION: - PSA - New Owners / Members / Lurkers - READ BEFORE YOU ROOT!!! I do not have the optinon to downgrade as stated I should. I guess I'm stuck. It just burns me up that they charge so much for these devices and still believe they have the right to restrict you so much on what you can do with them.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tpgnnr View Post
    I would also like to know this. I tried downgrading, but after installing update, per the KB referenced in this thread: ATTENTION: - PSA - New Owners / Members / Lurkers - READ BEFORE YOU ROOT!!! I do not have the optinon to downgrade as stated I should. I guess I'm stuck. It just burns me up that they charge so much for these devices and still believe they have the right to restrict you so much on what you can do with them.
    But, look at it from their perspective, that of the phone. Don't you want some protection to make sure your phone always works? They can't provide that with an "open" system, like Windows. Can you imagine how many phones would not work if the system were totally open, where any file could be deleted, etc.? And, since many tablets include cell service, I can't blame them for closing most of the system. Given the propensity for data sharing, I can't even blame them for DRM rules. While I don't agree with cell companies double-charging for data services, I can't blame them either for locking out hotspot features as a business decision. It's a real shame our society has become so greed-driven and we have so little disregard for other people's (digital) property rights.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster
    This is a question of choice and freedom...
    Tablets are in fact computers and not phones, even those which have cellular capability, it is expected to be used for internet connectivity via the new cellular standard 3g and 4g which target broadband...
    if they want to stop "piracy" they will have to stop providing internet services (including wifi), which is ridiculous...
    Google are living in cuckoo's land or maybe they just do not want to be seen to make it easier to get paid content for free... but copying drm content is idiotic, when you can have the same content through a various multitude of channels...

Android should be forked into a mobile phone O/S with all the restrictions they want (which even this I do not agree with, anyways)...

and a proper "PC" platform, like that of notebooks, which hardware-wise the tablets are, but with the restrictions imposed by Google... Google are trying to be more royalist than the King...
    there is drm in Mac, windows, but it is confined to the native media applications of those O/Ses...

Why do Google want to make it across the board as being a feature of the O/S is motivated by an obsession with control, and greed...

A search engine company that started off as promoting freedom, collaboration and sharing is now ending up as a closet corporatist institution...
    this explains the coup where one of its founder got forced out and resign, this was the beginning of the loss of freedom...

Now, if it is possible, I will format the AT hard disk, and install ubuntu or any other linux Arm supported o/s in a heartbeat...

there is nothing more I hate than being restricted, and the Google experiment will end up in smoke, as did all digital restrictive attempts of the past...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    But, look at it from their perspective, that of the phone. Don't you want some protection to make sure your phone always works? They can't provide that with an "open" system, like Windows. Can you imagine how many phones would not work if the system were totally open, where any file could be deleted, etc.? And, since many tablets include cell service, I can't blame them for closing most of the system. Given the propensity for data sharing, I can't even blame them for DRM rules. While I don't agree with cell companies double-charging for data services, I can't blame them either for locking out hotspot features as a business decision. It's a real shame our society has become so greed-driven and we have so little disregard for other people's (digital) property rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads