• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [ROM] DaleNet HMJ37.01.5.0032 Fully Stock ROM (US HC 3.1)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Cool [ROM] DaleNet HMJ37.01.5.0032 Fully Stock ROM (US HC 3.1)

Thrive HMJ37.01.5.0032 Fully Stock ROM - This is a US based ROM

This release of DaleNet HMJ37.01.5.0032 ROM is a completely stock ROM. I have removed nothing. This ROM will allow you to flash your system back to stock. It contains the stock boot image, stock recovery image, and stock system image. This should allow you to install any over-the-air (OTA) updates.

- INSTRUCTIONS -

NOTE: Please do a complete system backup before installing this ROM. If you have a problem when loading, you will then be able to restore your device to the way it was before you attempted to install this ROM. Thank you.

WARNING: This WILL delete all user data and apps. It resets the device to out of the box state.

To install this ROM, you will need to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to your device:
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card.
    3. Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    4. Select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
    5. Select EXTERNAL SD CARD.
    6. Select YES - INSTALL /SDCARD-EXT/UPDATE.ZIP.
    7. Watch the ROM install on your device.
    8. When completed, select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.
    9. Enjoy.
    - SCREEN SHOTS -

None. Looks like the stock OS out of the box.

- CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0
    • Initial release.
    • Clear system partition.
    • Clear data partition.
    • Fully stock. No changes to ROM.
      • Stock recovery image.
      • Stock boot image.
      • Stock system image.
    -v1.1
    • Corrected issue where WiFi would not get IP address.
    -v1.1.1
    • Corrected an issue where the installation would abort.
    -v1.1.2
    • Updated update-binary file.
    • Updates updater-script for new update-binary file.
    • Corrected issue where system partition was not being cleared.
    • Added clearing of cache partition.
    • Added clearing of dalvik cache.
    • Added clearing of internal storage.
    • Updated simlinks.
    - DOWNLOAD -

DaleNet-Thrive-HMJ37.01.5.0032-Full_Stock_ROM-v1.1.2 (MD5 Checksum Value: ebe9ba7642f59e656e9eccd2a61b56d1)

- FUTURE CHANGES

None. This will remain a stock ROM for people to flash their device back to fully stock.

- Thanks -
    All those that have tested for me.
    All those that have donated to me.
    Last edited by dalepl; 02-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I had not previously tried to flash the ROMS you created but gave it a shot today. I had previously used your DOS script package and it worked with great success. I first flashed the ROM with root from my SD card. Everything worked just fine. I then flashed the fully stock ROM. When completed the fully stock ROM would not pull an IP address although it saw the routers just fine. I deleted the router entires and re-input the keys for each. Same result, saw the routers but would not pull and IP address. I also rebooted without success.

I did not follow the directions exactly in that I loaded the fully stock ROM image from the INTERNAL download directory unzipping the file there. MY BAD....

To get things back working I used the DOS script package to install the Clockwork recovery and then installed your rooted ROM from the SD card. Upon completion all is again working including connection to the routers (it found an IP addresses immediately). So all is well.

I thought I would ask if you had any clue what went wrong. Could installing from the internal memory instead of the external SD card cause such an issue? (Yes I know that I should have followed the directions exactly) If not I suppose I could also have a bad download but having it in a zip envelope I would have thought would avoid corruption.

Thanks.....

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpapa View Post
    I had not previously tried to flash the ROMS you created but gave it a shot today. I had previously used your DOS script package and it worked with great success. I first flashed the ROM with root from my SD card. Everything worked just fine. I then flashed the fully stock ROM. When completed the fully stock ROM would not pull an IP address although it saw the routers just fine. I deleted the router entires and re-input the keys for each. Same result, saw the routers but would not pull and IP address. I also rebooted without success.

I did not follow the directions exactly in that I loaded the fully stock ROM image from the INTERNAL download directory unzipping the file there. MY BAD....

To get things back working I used the DOS script package to install the Clockwork recovery and then installed your rooted ROM from the SD card. Upon completion all is again working including connection to the routers (it found an IP addresses immediately). So all is well.

I thought I would ask if you had any clue what went wrong. Could installing from the internal memory instead of the external SD card cause such an issue? (Yes I know that I should have followed the directions exactly) If not I suppose I could also have a bad download but having it in a zip envelope I would have thought would avoid corruption.

Thanks.....
    You did nothing wrong. It is an issue I am trying to fix. I think it is in the permissions. Still working on it. If you look in the full stock thread and the other stock thread, the download is no longer available. Will post when I get it figured out.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I'm anxious to see this! I just received my thrive yesterday and did the flash root but didn't check to see if it was .29 or .32 yet so my wifi's disabled I was referred here from my original post so hopefully this helps get me back on track!

I'm still running .18 with no wifi and no clockwork installed. Is this still going to work? I know on step four you said:
    Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery -- is this where you hold down the vol up button and power or is this something that get's installed when someone that knows what their doing does it? Sorry to be a pain but I really appreciate all your guy's work!!!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Hi I'm anxious to see this! I just received my thrive yesterday and did the flash root but didn't check to see if it was .29 or .32 yet so my wifi's disabled I was referred here from my original post so hopefully this helps get me back on track!

I'm still running .18 with no wifi and no clockwork installed. Is this still going to work? I know on step four you said:
    Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery -- is this where you hold down the vol up button and power or is this something that get's installed when someone that knows what their doing does it? Sorry to be a pain but I really appreciate all your guy's work!!!
    Yes, I answered the other thread. Go download the rooted version.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I downloaded the root version but I don't have clockworkmod installed so how do I install it? The downloaded version is just a backup that someone made with clockworkmod and since I don't have wireless I can't install it to install the backup. Amazingly as it seem's i'm an IT major but this is a whole new field that I know nothing about and I need to be baby-stepped into how to fix it If you have problems configuring your network or managing your infrastructure I'm it but as far as it goes with androids for some reason I just can't grasp the ninche. If possible please spell it out for me in newbie terms. Thanks again and sorry

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Yes, I answered the other thread. Go download the rooted version.
    Also I've tried downloading some clockworkmod's and renaming them to update.zip but no matter which package i try (also tried some other promised stock images) I get the error that the signature verification had failed
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-24-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    So I downloaded the root version but I don't have clockworkmod installed so how do I install it? The downloaded version is just a backup that someone made with clockworkmod and since I don't have wireless I can't install it to install the backup. Amazingly as it seem's i'm an IT major but this is a whole new field that I know nothing about and I need to be baby-stepped into how to fix it If you have problems configuring your network or managing your infrastructure I'm it but as far as it goes with androids for some reason I just can't grasp the ninche. If possible please spell it out for me in newbie terms. Thanks again and sorry

Also I've tried downloading some clockworkmod's and renaming them to update.zip but no matter which package i try (also tried some other promised stock images) I get the error that the signature verification had failed
    PM me and I will help you out. If you downloaded my flash tool, it has CWM Recovery with it. It will flash it to your device for you. Once loaded, if you downloaded my rooted 0032 file, all you need to do is use CWM Recovery to install the update.zip file located in the download.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Awesome! I successfully flashed clockworkmod and i'm on my way to flashing the root 32 o O OOO I hope to have a working thrive again

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Finally found what my issue was with the WiFi breaking. This is now corrected and a new version is posted. Please be aware, this is a fully stock ROM and it wipes your device to factory fresh.
    My Development

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Canberra, Asylum for the Cynically Insane (Australia)
    Liked
    3 times
    Has anyone tried this on an Aussie AT100? If this accepts US OTA updates, it could be our savior from Toshiba ANZ's poor support!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads