• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: stock or official rom for at1s5-t32

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by salitre1975 View Post
    excuse me, I meant team, what I meant is the "devices" is not check the translation before posting.
    I am very grateful to you for helping me with my problem. is part of the adventure and learning, I chose this unit for its features, price and brand, but now I have something new to consider, support

really, thank you all
    Yes, salitre1975, support appears to be a major problem for most of the tablet manufactures. Some may push one or two more updates then others, some may update a little faster then others but from my general impressions from reading around the net, manufactures are interested in selling the most tablets they can in the shortest amount of time, margin per unit is the concern and not support. We are simply not seen as a customer base.

Most of us are very grateful for the developers on this forum as without them we would have had to endure a slow death of our thrives long ago. Features price and brand was something for the thrive 2-3 years ago, my thrive is about 2.5 years old now and I still can't find anything that I want to replace it with.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4
    danvee and rosalie like this.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

apx mode thrive 7

hi, anyone knows how apx mode in a thrive 7?
    Last edited by salitre1975; 12-21-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by salitre1975 View Post
    hi, anyone knows how apx mode in a thrive 7?
    Apx mode is accessible only after opening the device and locating and using the two brass colored buttons inside. It has to be opened to do it. That doesn't help any because Toshiba encrypted the boot loader and we don't have the key for the 7" thrive, only the 10" thrive.

In other words, apx won't work for you, only Toshiba can use it.

Before you flashed cm, did you make a backup in recovery? This is always done (should be done) before any flashing, if so then just restore it. If not then we need to find you a stock ROM to work with, I think I have Paul's 7" OOM HC ROM somewhere. If you no longer have clockwork mod recovery installed then we probably can't help much more.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    In this section
    [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool
    Paul lists 4 ROMs for baby Thrive, of which at this point two are missing
    HTK55D.31.5.0002 - oom rooted, modded stock
    HTK55D.31.5.0003 - stock rooted, oom rooted,
    HTK55D.31.5.0005 - missing
    HTK55D.31.5.0008 - missing

Pio, I have .0008 zip file, you may have it too, not sure.
    Also a cwm image of just rooted .0005, but I think that'll be of no use, since, I think it includes serial, so is owner specific.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    In this section
    [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool
    Paul lists 4 ROMs for baby Thrive, of which at this point two are missing
    HTK55D.31.5.0002 - oom rooted, modded stock
    HTK55D.31.5.0003 - stock rooted, oom rooted,
    HTK55D.31.5.0005 - missing
    HTK55D.31.5.0008 - missing

Pio, I have .0008 zip file, you may have it too, not sure.
    Also a cwm image of just rooted .0005, but I think that'll be of no use, since, I think it includes serial, so is owner specific.
    Well it would be useful in terms of recreating a ROM zip for it, if you boot into cwm and get adb going, mount /system in cwm then in terminal (have it a directory like dump on your desktop and have terminal in there) do adb pull /system

It'll take a bit but dump the entire ROM for the most part. There's still the boot.IMG to nab but that's another command and like 4 seconds. I could use those to build a flashable zip and get back one of the missing Roms.

It may also work on ICS which I can build a flashable zip from also.

Edit:

Meanwhile, here is the 008 rooted HC 7" Thrive ROM dalepl released (thank ttmoo for this copy) http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319199439

A
    lso, a system dump like that only contains the universal /system stuff, nothing from /data which would be owner or device specific.

Edit again, anyone with copies of any of the past ROMs dalepl did for us would be useful, I'll put them up on various mirrors to try to keep them alive and stop him being bothered for them lol
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 12-27-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    CAUTION & a reminder how these thingies work:

Paul's file, update.zip contains readme file + update.zip. Its md5 is a45cb22531b7e4fb4ee2f95ad8ec104c. It needs to be unzipped to get at the internal update.zip. Pau's usual method.

The MD5 of the inside one that Pio-masaki posted today (see above post), is f040d9f89b3b4cba3f16fc0e7ce71063.
    don't unzip it anymore, just copy to sdcard2 to use.
    Last edited by ttmoo; 12-27-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    pio_masaki likes this.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads