• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

signature verification failed

update failed
    u.s toshiba thrive at104 with android 4.04.01.
    tried many times with same failed signature warning using [ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    f
    rom external sd
    yes i unziped and copied the update zip to the externel sd then boot into proper place clicked on update from sd.
    just wanted to make sure i explained it exactly right. thanx

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Sounds like you've still got stock recovery...
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    factory crap for sure. i need to have clockwork recovery mode installed first. any one have that? when i got this it had an older os but updated to 4.04.01 wish i had not updated it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Not to worry, thanks to the cleverness of guys that surpasses Toshiba's lockdown, here's the tool that can root and install CWM.

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

After that, you may want to look at flashing dalepl's version of ICS, which is essentially Toshiba's version made stable and smooth. This will wipe everything, though, so you have to make backups!

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Pio Masaki has also made some Jelly Bean ROMs you may want to check out. For me, the smoothness of JB (because it can pass more to the GPU and let the CPU do other things) breathes new life into a Thrive.

Directory listing of http://pio-masaki.com/Thrive/CM10
    The All Inclusive CM10 General Thread
    pio_masaki
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanx a lot. great answer great help. i was using the tool last night. it seemed to be working but when it started to reboot it seemed to loop back and forth between the boot up animation up to the main lock clock screen then go back to animation again. eventually i had to hard boot the device with no update. waubder why it did that. i am going to try it again today. i will let you know what happens. everything is replacable but sanity................

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok i tried it again. again it looped between flas boot animation and lock screen. when i eventially had to hard boot it the strangest thing happened. on the right top of my screen random system info continued to cycle but stil the same default recovery and no root. crazy weird stuff dude. one of the problems i think is using microsuck windblows to run the programs for root access. it would be easier to roll this os back to the one it had when i got it. then get root.
    Last edited by justamutt; 10-30-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    tried it again several different img for the thrive 10 just ends up looping. very strange. it does not seem to want to install the cwm. so it does not do anything. if I could find a way to just flash the cwm by itself then I could install the rest. for some unknown reason the tool in windblows doesnt work for me. PS............. I hate this new version of android so bad........... anyone who has the older vs ions know a good thing when you got it...
    Last edited by justamutt; 10-30-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads