• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Universal Search Seemingly Not Working Using DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 ROM

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kanishk_singh View Post
    Can you see any of the cards or can you do voice search with it? I dont remember the initial setup though. The cards will keep on improving as per the online search you do. Atleast you will see the weather card. Does'nt it have a next button or something?
    To be honest, I did not see a next button or anything when I had it installed. I was having so much trouble with it, I removed it using the removal tool (which removed Google Now but surprisingly kept Universal Search, hmm...). If you read the last post I posted prior to this one, you'll see that I do have some issues with Google Now (even if it does work). And I've had my Google Account for god knows how long now, so the cards (if they're using all of my prior user data) should be very, very, accurate. I'd have to reboot and reflash to check if there is something I missed. And, no, I didn't see a weather card. When I had it installed, if I went to Apps > Google, it would go to portrait mode (I usually use my tablet in landscape), and bring up a screen saying "Introducing Google Now!" and that's it. I didn't see any actual on-screen buttons to dismiss it. I even tried using gestures to dismiss it and pressing the back button on the bar at the bottom of the screen: neither worked. If I'm missing something let me know, and if you know which zip verifiably works, let me know. As I've posted before, I'm a computer programmer and know what I'm doing: I'm not afraid to flash, root (which I've already done!), mod, et cetera if it means making my device work the way I want it to.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Which version did you flash? There are 3 versions of the Google Now download.

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    Which version did you flash? There are 3 versions of the Google Now download.
    I started with the Offline/Online version of mikeyxda's M7 and then tried the Offline/Online version of the "nearly there" set from the site linked in this thread. Both had the same performance (e.g. both exhibit the same annoyance as described, if I remember correctly).

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Google Now does not "close". Once sttarted, It is always active. You dismiss it by using the HOME key and access it by its icon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads