Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM - This is a US based ROM
This release of DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM is basicaly a stock ROM, but I did add fastboot back into the recovery menu and added ClockWorkMod. I did not decide for you if an application should be removed, so I moved many of the pre-installed apps from system to user installed. This allows you to remove the apps you do not want and keep the apps that you want to keep. I have added only minimal mods and will add more if there is enough interest in the mod. You can use Titanium Backup or any root enabled file manager to remove any of the pre-installed apps that I did not move to the user installed area.
Video Tutorial (Thanks @spotliteguy):
- INSTRUCTIONS -
NOTE: Please do a complete system backup before installing this ROM. If you have a problem when loading, you will then be able to restore your device to the way it was before you attempted to install this ROM. Thank you.
WARNING: This WILL delete all user data and apps. It resets the device to out of the box state.
To install this ROM, do the following:
You will need to have ClockWorkMod Recovery flashed to your device.
- SCREEN SHOTS -
- Power down your device.
- Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card. (SD card must be formatted FAT32)
- Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- Select Install Update FROM SDCARD.
- Select Apply /sdcard/update.zip.
- Select YES - Install /sdcard/update.zip.
- Watch the ROM install on your device.
- When complete, select Go Back.
- Select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.
- Once the device boots up, go through the initial setup.
- Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:
- On the main screen, select APPS.
- On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
- From the Superuser log screen, select the i icon in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
- On the properties screen, tap on "su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen.
- Click on UPDATE button at the bottom.
- If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good.
- If you have a failure, do the su binary update again. It may take a couple of times until it comes back with no failures.
- After ensuring you have superuser access, use Titanium Backup to restore your apps or use the Market to reload your apps (one at a time).
- Enjoy the ROM.
None. Looks like the stock OS out of the box.
- CHANGE LOG -
- Initial release.
- Added stock rooted boot image.
- Added su binary.
- Added SuperUser.apk.
- Added busybox binary.
- Added ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- Added fastboot enabled bootloader.
- Added Sdcard write fix.
- Added TurboProp mods.
- Added OpenVPN support.
- Added AdHoc patch.
- Deodexed apk files.
- Moved the following pre-installed apps from system to user installed:
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- HW Euchre SE
- HW Hearts SE
- HW Solitaire SE
- HW Spades SE
- Toshiba App Place
- Toshiba Book Place
- Toshiba News Place
- Toshiba Registration
- Toshiba Thrive Users Guide
- Moved Kaspersky Tablet Security to user installed.
- Replaced ClockWorkMod v22.214.171.124 with ClockWorkMod v126.96.36.199.
- Replaced ClockWorkMod v188.8.131.52 with ClockWorkMod v184.108.40.206.
- Updated build.prop to reflect that this is my ROM.
- Corrected issue that caused ROM not to boot when flashing from HC or JB ROMs.
- DOWNLOAD -
DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v2.1.1 (MD5 Checksum Value: 20874494c75eb80af7555459bb039e11)
Modified build.prop files to emulate Acer or Nexus tablets.
DaleNet-Thrive_10-TobAcer_ICS_Build_Prop-v1.0 (MD5 Checksum Value: 068f36282c434ac5798de68542a7b14a)
DaleNet-Thrive_10-TobNexus_ICS_Build_Prop-v1.0 (MD5 Checksum Value: 5f393af650fcfb1b31277f90e3bdfa88)
To restore build.prop to Toshiba
DaleNet-Thrive_10-Toshiba_ICS_Stock_Build_Prop-v1.0 (MD5 Checksum Value: cccacac2d10719b5fc6d84accde81054)
- FUTURE CHANGES
Any popular mod that will enhance the ROM.
- Thanks -
@clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod image for the Thrive 10.1".
All those that have tested for me.
All those that have donated to me.