• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 138 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times

Cool [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

DaleNet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Tool - This is for all Thrive ROM builds.

NOTE: This tool can now be used to root the ICS OTA. Thank you to AmEv and Pio_Misaki for creating the original ICS OTA root tool. That tool can be found here:[root tool][public beta]ICS 4.0.4 rooting for 10" Thrive

This release of DaleNet Universal Easy Flash Tool will allow you to root any ROM build that I have a boot image for. This tool uses an exploit that @TurnYourBackAndRun researched and found. This tool will apply the exploit and gain temperary root access to the device. It will then flash a bootloader back on the device that will restore fastboot to the recovery menu. It will then flash a root enabled boot image, install the su and busybox binaries, install the superuser.apk, and creat all the simlinks to enable permanent root to your device. Finally, it will flash ClockWorkMod to the device.

This tool will also allow you to unroot your ROM build. It will remove the busybox simlinks, remove the su and busybox binaries, remove the Superuser app, restore the stock build.prop file, flash the stock boot and stock recovery image.

If your ROM is not listed in the menu, then you can use the tool to flash ClockWorkMod recovery on your device. Again, it will use the exploit researched and found by @TurnYourBackAndRun. Once ClockWorkMod is flashed to your device, you can make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM (minus the stock recovery) and make arangements with me to send the boot image and system image to me. Once I have the images, I can add your ROM to the tool so you can have root capability and I can also create pre-rooted ROMs for you.

[/SIZE]Video Tutorial (Thanks @spotliteguy):

The video is a bit dated and will not follow everything exactly. For one, ClockWorkMod is now updated to the touch version.

- INSTRUCTIONS -
    To install the Thrive ADB drivers, do the following:
    1. Go to the USB ADB DRIVERSs folder in the tool package.
    2. Right click on the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
    3. Follow the on screen prompts.
      • When you get the warning about the drivers not being signed, select INSTALL ANYWAY.
    To root your ROM, do the following:

You will need to have the ADB drivers loaded and working on your PC. Ensure the PC can communicate with the Thrive through ADB before you attempt to use this tool. The correct ADB drivers are provided with this tool in the "USB ADB Drivers" folder.
    1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it).
    2. Open the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file.
    3. Select option 1.
    4. On the next menu, select your ROM build.
    5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    6. Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:
      1. On the main screen, select APPS.
      2. On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
      3. From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
      4. On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top.
      5. Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom.
      6. If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good.
      7. If you have a failure, try doing the update again.
    7. Enjoy.
    To unroot your ROM, do the following:
    1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it).
    3. Select option 2.
    4. On the next menu, select your ROM build.
    5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    If your ROM is not listed on the menu, do the following:
    3. Select option 3.
    4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    5. Once the process is completed, boot the device into ClockWorkMod recovery.
      1. On the ClockWorkMod recovery menu, select BACKUP AND RESTORE.
      2. On the next menu, select BACKUP.
      3. Once the backup is completed, make arangements to send the boot and system images to me. (PM me and I will get back to you)
    - CHANGE LOG -
    -v1.0
    • Initial release.
      • Current ROMs supported:
        • HMJ37.31.5.0011
        • HTK55D.31.5.0002
        • HTK55D.31.5.0003
        • HTK55D.31.5.0008
        • HTK55D.33.5.0005
    -V1.1
    • Corrected issue where recovery script was not being called by main menu script.
    • Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not disabled in root script.
    • Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not disabled in recovery script.
    • Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not enabled in unroot script.
    • General script cleanup.
    • Added HTK55D.35.5.0004 European HC 3.2.1 ROM build to the tool.
    -v1.2
    • Corrected issue where the wrong ClockWorkMod recovery would be flashed when rooting HTK55D.33.5.0005 ROM build.
    • Corrected issue where the wrong ClockWorkMod recovery would be flashed when unrooting HTK55D.31.5.00008 ROM build.
    • Corrected issue where rooting HTK55D.35.5.0004 ROM build would cause the device to hang at the Toshiba logo.
    -v1.3
    • Added HMJ37.01.5.0032 US HC 3.1 ROM build.
    • Added HTK55D.38.5.0003 South American HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v1.4
    • Added Thrive 10.1" HTK55D.21.5.0009 US HC 3.2.1 4G ROM build.
    • Corrected issue where boot image for HMJ37.01.5.0032 and HMJ37.31.5.0011 were not found.
    -v1.5
    • Corrected issue where ClockWorkMod would be replaced with the stock recovery if you did not root your device first.
    • Corrected issue where HTK55D.21.5.0009 was identified as a 3G ROM and not a 4G ROM.
    -v1.6
    • Added Thrive 7" HTK55D.23.5.0002 Canadian HC 3.2.1 3G ROM build.
    -v1.7
    • Added Thrive 10" HTK55D.36.5.0003 European (Germany) HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v1.8
    • Corrected issue where HTK55D.31.5.0009 would not root.
    • Added Thrive 10" HTK55D.23.5.0006 Asian HC 3.2.1 3G ROM build.
    -v1.9
    • Added unroot for HTK55D.23.5.0006.
    • Added unroot for HTK55D.21.5.0009.
    -v2.0
    • Added HTK55D.23.5.0006.
    -v2.1
    • Added HTK55D.33.5.0003 Canadian HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    • Updated Superuser.
    • Updated su binary.
    • Made changes to the unroot procedure.
    • Added fastboot to the recovery procedure.
    -v2.2
    • Added HTK55D.29.5.0003 Asian HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v2.3
    • Added HTK55D.25.5.0001 European HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    • Added HTK55D.32.5.0003 Asian HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v2.4
    • Removed HTK55D.25.5.0001 European HC 3.2.1 ROM build - Image was bad and caused bootloop of device.
    • Added HTK55D.13.5.0001 Aussie HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v2.5
    • Added Thrive 7" HTK55D.31.5.0005 US HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
    -v2.6
    • Updated recovery to ClockWorkMod v6.0.1.1 Touch Recovery.
    -v2.7
    • Updated recovery to ClockWorkMod v6.0.2.8 Touch Recovery.
    -v2.8
    • Added IMM76D.01.000072314 US ICS ROM build.
    -v2.8.1
    • Corrected issue where bootloader was not flashing correctly when rooting the ICS OTA.
    • Corrected issue where incorrect boot image was being flashed when rooting ICS OTA.
    • Removed the ability to unroot (was causing too many isuues).
    • Removed the ability to flash recovery (not really needed).
    - DOWNLOAD -

Note: I have removed v2.8 until I can figure out why it is not working correctly. Version 2.7 is reposted for now.

DaleNet-Thrive_Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool-v2.8.1 (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

- FUTURE CHANGES -
    Add additional ROMs.

- Thanks -
    All those that have tested for me.
    @clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod image for the Thrive 10 and 7".
    @Turnyourbackandrun for his research and finding the exploit we are using that makes this possible.
    @batfish for creating the Windows installer for the Thrive USB ADB drivers.
    All those that have donated to me.

If you like this tool, please be sure to donate to @TurnYourBackAndRun for his work in finding the exploit this tool is using.

**MODERATOR NOTE**(Pertains to the rooting of ICS WITH THIS ROOT TOOL ONLY):
    In case you should find yourself in a boot-loop after using this tool to root ICS,
    follow the instructions here: If you get Bootloops after using Dalepl's Universal Easy Flash Tool (ICS ONLY)
    IMPORTANT: Again, this only pertains to bootloops that occur AFTER USING THIS TOOL TO ROOT ICS AND ONLY ICS.
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-05-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    adam3city, danvee, tybar and 50 others like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

error

I am on Canadian

HTK55D.33.5.0005 - OTA never rooted ROM.

I tried your tool and this is what I got:

The screen says
    Flashing rooted boot image to your device...

6348+0 records in
    6348+0 records out
    3250176 bytes transferred in 3.862 secs (841578 bytes/sec)

Rebooting your device...

Waiting on your device to boot ...

Now my Thrive started rebooting and now it says "Unrecoverable bootloader error" and is stuck.

What have I done wrong and what can I do to fix it?

Thank you.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    You did not do anything wrong. From time to time, the bootloader does not load correctly. Try to run the tool again. If you continue to get this error, I will have to get with you tomorrow when I get off from work and will try to get you straightened out.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Worked great the problem I had with the other tool was in the drivers even though Device Manager said they were working I updated the drivers through the Device Manager by searching the web once updated it worked perfectly. I travel for work but as soon a I get back home to my secure connection I will definatly support your work!!!

Thanks to everyone involved!!!
    Last edited by MS420; 04-02-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I tested on my TT and not happened nothing, enter in recovery mode and "Backup an restore" not showing.

Model : AT105
    HTK55D.38.5.0003
    Software : 3.2.1.38.5.0003
    Aplication : 1.1.15

And thanks, i very interested in root my device and collaborate you with my backup.
    Last edited by andresmahecha; 04-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just finished rooting successfully! On the first go, there were some problems. I ended up having to click directly on the root.bat file rather than the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. It seems the first time around it was failing to transfer anything over. I'm sorry, I don't really know very much about this process, ha ha. Thn the entire process went smoothly the second try around.
    Anyway, it seems to have worked out fine.

However, does this allow you to uninstall preloaded apps? I am not able to do so.
    Thanks so much!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    OK get ready for some n00by questions

1) Is it easy to recover the tab if something goes wrong? On my Arnova 7 if a flash failed I could just flash the original ROM back and have it back to factory default. Is there something like this here or is it possible to totally brick your Thrive?

2) Will I be able to use some of the other ROMS around using this tool? ROMS like Honeysmacked etc or can I only use a rooted version of my normal ROM?

3) Where can I send the unrooted system and ROM files to allow you to make a root from them?

4) Can anyone lend me 20 quid until next week?

Cheers
    Last edited by vandinz; 04-03-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    Unrooting questions.

If one has one of you rooted ROMs installed, will this tool work to unroot the device? If so, all of the other tweaks that came with the ROM stay?

Unrooting will leave fastboot in place?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    What do you mean by nothing happened? Did you unzip the tool into a folder on your desktop? All the files and folder have to be in a single folder. Did you get any errors? Please tell me more?

Quote Originally Posted by andresmahecha View Post
    I tested on my TT and not happened nothing, enter in recovery mode and "Backup an restore" not showing.

Model : AT105
    HTK55D.38.5.0003
    Software : 3.2.1.38.5.0003
    Aplication : 1.1.15

And thanks, i very interested in root my device and collaborate you with my backup.
    My Development

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kloper70 View Post
    I just finished rooting successfully! On the first go, there were some problems. I ended up having to click directly on the root.bat file rather than the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. It seems the first time around it was failing to transfer anything over. I'm sorry, I don't really know very much about this process, ha ha. Thn the entire process went smoothly the second try around.
    Anyway, it seems to have worked out fine.

However, does this allow you to uninstall preloaded apps? I am not able to do so.
    Thanks so much!
    What problems did you have? You can uninstall pre-loaded apps, but you have to use a root enabled file manager that will let you set the /system/apps directory to R/W.
    Last edited by dalepl; 04-03-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    rogerebert and iceman61265 like this.
    My Development

Ads