• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 135 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    You get this if the flash did not go correct. Did you load the ADB drivers for the Thrive or did you use the tool with ADB drivers that were already loaded on your PC from another Android device?

Quote Originally Posted by xboxhacks View Post
    I have tried doing this twice on my 33.5.0003(Aussie) Thrive and it says Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000000)
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received my thrive yesterday, and tried to install CWM recovery this morning, using Universal Easy Flash Tool 1.6. I received no errors on install, but get "Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000000)" message when trying to boot into recovery. Fortunately I can still boot normally!! I installed ADB drivers, and they work correctly. I've repeated the procedure several times with the same result.
    My stock rom is HTK550.31.5.0002. Any help from forum members would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

More Info

Quote Originally Posted by wanttothrive View Post
    I just received my thrive yesterday, and tried to install CWM recovery this morning, using Universal Easy Flash Tool 1.6. I received no errors on install, but get "Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000000)" message when trying to boot into recovery. Fortunately I can still boot normally!! I installed ADB drivers, and they work correctly. I've repeated the procedure several times with the same result.
    My stock rom is HTK550.31.5.0002. Any help from forum members would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    Also I did use the Thrive ADB drivers; I confirmed in Win7 device manager. I have Kindle ADB drivers on my system also.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    You get this if the flash did not go correct. Did you load the ADB drivers for the Thrive or did you use the tool with ADB drivers that were already loaded on your PC from another Android device?
    I installed the ADB Drives that came with the flash tool.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Do you guys have fastboot on the device? If you do, you will have three icons. The first icon that looks like a USB icon is fast boot. Select it. If it loads OK, it will say launching fastboot protocal or something like that. It will not do anything else. If you do have this, verify the ADB drivers by doing the following:

1. Open a DOS command window and go to the bin_files folder.
    2. Type fastboot reboot.
    3. Press enter.

If the ADB drivers are loaded correctly, the device should reboot. If it says waiting on device, then you do not have the correct drivers installed.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Do you guys have fastboot on the device? If you do, you will have three icons. The first icon that looks like a USB icon is fast boot. Select it. If it loads OK, it will say launching fastboot protocal or something like that. It will not do anything else. If you do have this, verify the ADB drivers by doing the following:

1. Open a DOS command window and go to the bin_files folder.
    2. Type fastboot reboot.
    3. Press enter.

If the ADB drivers are loaded correctly, the device should reboot. If it says waiting on device, then you do not have the correct drivers installed.
    No, I only had 2 icons a Android and a box(recovery)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your response. I only have 2 icons. I'll try to fastboot any though. I installed drivers on another Windows 7 computer, and tried to install CWM with the same result. The flash tool acts like it's writing bootsector, and it happens quick. There is a brief time during bootup cycle when the device is unavailable, and windows indicates device driver not successfully installed. Under MTP device I noticed 3 drivers AT100, Toshiba Thrive, and USB Compsite. They all are working when the Thrive is fully booted. I will try to install on Windows XP tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.

I bought the Thrive after successfully rooting a Kindle Fire, and desiring something a little larger. I thought that I had bricked it a couple of times, even arranging a return, but I got it to work. I'm hoping to be able to get this to work too. I did a lot of research. and reading before doing this, and was disappointed that it didn't work. I can boot up normally, but really need the backup feature, and want to install your ROM.

Thanks again, I'll try to fastboot, but no icon. I'll post back.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1799 times
    The third icon (that you're missing) is the fastboot one. If you rooted the Fire via ABD, that driver may be causing the trouble. You may need to uninstall any device that you'd installed for use with ADB before it'll communicate with the TT.
    I was able to do this in Vista, and I'm pretty sure that Win7 should be OK.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    The third icon (that you're missing) is the fastboot one. If you rooted the Fire via ABD, that driver may be causing the trouble. You may need to uninstall any device that you'd installed for use with ADB before it'll communicate with the TT.
    I was able to do this in Vista, and I'm pretty sure that Win7 should be OK.
    Mine isn't rooted because i need clockworkmod to install then update the latest firmware then i can root it with a canadian rom. My rom is currently not supported HTK55D33.5.0003(Aussie)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1799 times
    I was referring to the Fire being rooted, and the fact that the Fire ADB drivers might be interfering.
    On the TT, if you can install CWM then you can technically install ANY region's ROM. The only problem might be the availability of apps (for example, using a US ROM in Australia, you mayn't download apps from the Play Store that aren't intended for US consumption, though you're IN Australia. as the ROM identifies your TT as a US one).
    If you can get CWM loaded and make a backup of your ROM and send it to him, dalepl should be able to root it and return it (once he feels up to it- just went through surgery).
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Ads