DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool - This is for the all ROMs!
This release of DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool will flash a bootloader on your device that will replace fastboot on the recovery menu. This tool uses an exploit that @Turnyourbackandrun researched and found. This tool will apply the exploit and gain temperary root access to the device. It will then make a copy of the ROMs recovery image. After that, it will flash a bootloader back on the device that will restore fastboot to the recovery menu.
- INSTRUCTIONS -
To install the Thrive ADB drivers, do the following:
To restore the fastboot to the recovery menu, do the following:
- Go to the USB ADB DRIVERSs folder in the tool package.
- Right click on the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
- Follow the on screen prompts.
- When you get the warning about the drivers not being signed, select INSTALL ANYWAY.
You will need to have the ADB drivers loaded and working on your PC. Ensure the PC can communicate with the Thrive through ADB before you attempt to use this tool. The correct ADB drivers are provided with this tool in the "USB ADB Drivers" folder.
- CHANGE LOG -
- Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it).
- Open the restore_fastboot.bat file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When completed, enjoy.
- Initial release.
- Added flash of ClockWorkMod.
- Removed the copying of the boot and system images from within the tool.
- Added reboot into ClockWorkMod to allow backup of the ROM (so it can be sent to me for development).
- Added checks for exploit.
- Removed code that diabled the code in the ROM that replaced recovery (this did not work with the temp root).
- Removed code that rebooted the Thrive into ClockWorkMod (this stopped working for reasons unknown).
- Added screen to have user manually boot into recovery.
- Updated ClockWorkMod to v188.8.131.52.
- Updated ADB USB drivers to @batfish's Windows installer.
- DOWNLOAD -
Removing tool for downlood due to issues it has been causing.
- FUTURE CHANGES
None right now.
- Thanks -
@clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod image for the Thrive 7".
@Turnyourbackandrun for his research and finding the exploit we are using that makes this possible.
@batfish for creating the Windows installer for the Thrive USB ADB drivers.
All those that have donated to me.