• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [Tool] DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times

Cool [Tool] DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool

DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool - This is for the all ROMs!

This release of DaleNet Thrive 10.1" Fastboot Restore Tool will flash a bootloader on your device that will replace fastboot on the recovery menu. This tool uses an exploit that @Turnyourbackandrun researched and found. This tool will apply the exploit and gain temperary root access to the device. It will then make a copy of the ROMs recovery image. After that, it will flash a bootloader back on the device that will restore fastboot to the recovery menu.

- INSTRUCTIONS -

To install the Thrive ADB drivers, do the following:
    1. Go to the USB ADB DRIVERSs folder in the tool package.
    2. Right click on the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
    3. Follow the on screen prompts.
      • When you get the warning about the drivers not being signed, select INSTALL ANYWAY.
    To restore the fastboot to the recovery menu, do the following:

You will need to have the ADB drivers loaded and working on your PC. Ensure the PC can communicate with the Thrive through ADB before you attempt to use this tool. The correct ADB drivers are provided with this tool in the "USB ADB Drivers" folder.
    1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it).
    2. Open the restore_fastboot.bat file.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. When completed, enjoy.
    - CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0
    • Initial release.
    -v1.1
    • Added flash of ClockWorkMod.
    • Removed the copying of the boot and system images from within the tool.
    • Added reboot into ClockWorkMod to allow backup of the ROM (so it can be sent to me for development).
    -v1.2
    • Added checks for exploit.
    -v1.3
    • Removed code that diabled the code in the ROM that replaced recovery (this did not work with the temp root).
    • Removed code that rebooted the Thrive into ClockWorkMod (this stopped working for reasons unknown).
    • Added screen to have user manually boot into recovery.
    -v1.4
    • Updated ClockWorkMod to v5.5.0.4.
    • Updated ADB USB drivers to @batfish's Windows installer.

- DOWNLOAD -

Removing tool for downlood due to issues it has been causing.
    - FUTURE CHANGES

None right now.

- Thanks -

@clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod image for the Thrive 7".
    @Turnyourbackandrun for his research and finding the exploit we are using that makes this possible.
    @batfish for creating the Windows installer for the Thrive USB ADB drivers.
    All those that have donated to me.
    Last edited by dalepl; 01-29-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    gunthermic, Aquila76 and sonar666 like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    FYI, Link doesn't work.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Link returns a 404 server error... file not found.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Sorry. Link is now fixed.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

ALF
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Hi Paul,

I'm trying figure out how to incorporate this latest method into my Noob Guide, and hopefully make this whole thing a little closer to turn-key.

From your instructions "This update.zip can is used to put fastboot back into the recovery menu."

Let me see if I understand the basic process correctly, assuming a Thrive on 3.2.1.31.5.0002:

Use this Fastboot Restore Tool first. After it is done the Thrive is still unrooted, still on 3.2.1.31.5.0002, but now has ClockworkMod (CWM) and can be put into Fastboot with VolUp+Power at powerup. Essentially the Thrive is now in the same state as a box-stock unrooted Thrive on HMJ37.01.5.0032 ???

At this point, can you just boot it up into CWM (assuming DJ_Steve version of CWM) and flash your HTK55D.31.5.0002 OOM Rooted ROM ?? Can it really be that easy, except for all the running in and out of the house?

Or do we have to switch over and use Fastboot to follow the process in my noob guide to root it, install DJ-Steve's CWM then flash your rooted ROM's, just like it was a .0032 to begin with?

Or even yet, do we send you the copied files as instructed to at the completion of the Fastboot Restore Tool, then wait for you to send back some sort of customized root tool just for that sepcific device?

Sorry for any dumb questions!

PS - Would it also be easier for people to load an app like GPS Test and run that to check for GPS lock instead of google maps? It is free and quite easy to tell when a device knows its own location using the sateliites and not networks.
    Last edited by ALF; 12-12-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: added links

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF View Post
    Hi Paul,

I'm trying figure out how to incorporate this latest method into my Noob Guide, and hopefully make this whole thing a little closer to turn-key.

From your instructions "This update.zip can is used to put fastboot back into the recovery menu."

Let me see if I understand the basic process correctly, assuming a Thrive on 3.2.1.31.5.0002:

Use this Fastboot Restore Tool first. After it is done the Thrive is still unrooted, still on 3.2.1.31.5.0002, but now has ClockworkMod (CWM) and can be put into Fastboot with VolUp+Power at powerup. Essentially the Thrive is now in the same state as a box-stock unrooted Thrive on HMJ37.01.5.0032 ???

At this point, can you just boot it up into CWM (assuming DJ_Steve version of CWM) and flash your HTK55D.31.5.0002 OOM Rooted ROM ?? Can it really be that easy, except for all the running in and out of the house?

Or do we have to switch over and use Fastboot to follow the process in my noob guide to root it, install DJ-Steve's CWM then flash your rooted ROM's, just like it was a .0032 to begin with?

Or even yet, do we send you the copied files as instructed to at the completion of the Fastboot Restore Tool, then wait for you to send back some sort of customized root tool just for that sepcific device?

Sorry for any dumb questions!

PS - Would it also be easier for people to load an app like GPS Test and run that to check for GPS lock instead of google maps? It is free and quite easy to tell when a device knows its own location using the sateliites and not networks.
    This tool will do the temp root, load fastboot back on and then flash ClockWorkMod. From there you can load any of the rooted ROMs. I need the files if it is a ROM I do not have and you guys want me to create a rooted version. This is how I got the Canadian 3,2,1 ROM. Not really sure about GPS Status working or not. I guess I should check on that.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am trying to get my Toshiba Thrive rooted but am running Fedora Linux and can't quite seem to figure it out. Anyone have any idea how I might be able to get this to work. I have rooted two phones in the past one with a one click method being my my Samsung Epic 4G, and the other a HTC Hero using ADB to perform the steps. I was thinking of just reading through the batch file to see what it is actually asking for and performing it that way.

I am currently on Stock 3.2.1 build Number HTK55D.31.5.0002.

Anyway if I posted this in the wrong area please let me know and I will correct it.

Thanks for any help I really appreciate it.

Jim

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1928 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jleakey View Post
    I am trying to get my Toshiba Thrive rooted but am running Fedora Linux and can't quite seem to figure it out. Anyone have any idea how I might be able to get this to work. I have rooted two phones in the past one with a one click method being my my Samsung Epic 4G, and the other a HTC Hero using ADB to perform the steps. I was thinking of just reading through the batch file to see what it is actually asking for and performing it that way.

I am currently on Stock 3.2.1 build Number HTK55D.31.5.0002.

Anyway if I posted this in the wrong area please let me know and I will correct it.

Thanks for any help I really appreciate it.

Jim
    Well, it is kinda in the wrong place. This tool is designed to restore fastboot, but there is another tool for full root. If you PM me your email, I will gat back to you. I am at work, but later this afternoon after I get off, I can setup to chat with you on GTalk and walk you through the steps of doing the root on Linux. Let me know.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    PM sent thank you very much.

Jim
    Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

ALF
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    This tool will do the temp root, load fastboot back on and then flash ClockWorkMod. From there you can load any of the rooted ROMs. I need the files if it is a ROM I do not have and you guys want me to create a rooted version. This is how I got the Canadian 3,2,1 ROM. Not really sure about GPS Status working or not. I guess I should check on that.
    So just run the Fastboot Restore Tool, then pop a SD card in with one of your roms and flash it using CWM. That's pretty straightforward.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads