• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [Downgrade] Official Toshiba HMJ37.31.5.0011 to HMJ37.01.5.0032 Rollback

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times

[Downgrade] Official Toshiba HMJ37.31.5.0011 to HMJ37.01.5.0032 Rollback

OK folks. This is the official OTA file from Toshiba to roll your device back from HMJ37.31.5.0011 back to HMJ37.01.5.0032. It will not load on a rooted device. You must be completely stock to install this rollback file.

- Install -
    • Copy the file as is to your sd card.
    • Reboot into recovery.
    • Select the middle icon.
    The update should install and then reboot your device. Once booted up you should be back to HMJ37.01.5.0032 and have fastboot back.

- Download -

This is no longer supported.

- Thanks -
    BatFish for downloading the file.
    All those that have tested for me.
    All those that have donated to me.
    Last edited by dalepl; 04-26-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Title spelling
    ceabbott2, saycoda and arkangelas like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was so happy to see this because I was having the FC issues in the official 0011 update, but I'm having a problem. I copied the package to an sdcard, booted to recovery, ran it from the sdcard and everything completed successfully. I then selected reboot. It then reboots and just sits at the initial Toshiba splash screen with the NVIDIA logo in the corner. It won't do anything else. I've redownloaded and reflashed it and have tried doing a wipe from recovery to no avail. I do see fastboot again when I go to boot into recovery, but I cannot boot into Android at all.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I am not rooted and running HMJ37.01.5.0032. I may want to root at some future point to get rid of cr-pware when memory gets low. I take it if I "upgrade" to HMJ37.31.5.0011 and it doesn't behave well with apps which have DRM issues, I can roll back to 0032 and run stock or then get rooted?. And if I go to a rooted unit, I will be able to use the Amazon vids? I downloaded the zip file to my pc. I take it I just connect via mini USB and transfer the file. To where and is unzip built into HC 3.1?

BTW, thanks for all the great work even though I haven't gone your route yet.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Solipsist View Post
    I was so happy to see this because I was having the FC issues in the official 0011 update, but I'm having a problem. I copied the package to an sdcard, booted to recovery, ran it from the sdcard and everything completed successfully. I then selected reboot. It then reboots and just sits at the initial Toshiba splash screen with the NVIDIA logo in the corner. It won't do anything else. I've redownloaded and reflashed it and have tried doing a wipe from recovery to no avail. I do see fastboot again when I go to boot into recovery, but I cannot boot into Android at all.
    Since you have fastboot now, I would flash ClockWorkMod and install either my stock rooted ROM or my fully stock ROM. I would recomend the fully stock ROM since it resets your device device to factory fresh. Then you can load CLockWorkMod and flash the rooted ROM and then the HMJ37.31.5.0011 update that I have posted.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gberpa View Post
    I am not rooted and running HMJ37.01.5.0032. I may want to root at some future point to get rid of cr-pware when memory gets low. I take it if I "upgrade" to HMJ37.31.5.0011 and it doesn't behave well with apps which have DRM issues, I can roll back to 0032 and run stock or then get rooted?. And if I go to a rooted unit, I will be able to use the Amazon vids? I downloaded the zip file to my pc. I take it I just connect via mini USB and transfer the file. To where and is unzip built into HC 3.1?

BTW, thanks for all the great work even though I haven't gone your route yet.
    If you downloaded the actual update, you would copy it to your sd card and install via recovery.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Since you have fastboot now, I would flash ClockWorkMod and install either my stock rooted ROM or my fully stock ROM. I would recomend the fully stock ROM since it resets your device device to factory fresh. Then you can load CLockWorkMod and flash the rooted ROM and then the HMJ37.31.5.0011 update that I have posted.
    Thanks, I will give that a try. Being newer to the tablet scene, I wasn't certain what could be done between just having the kernel recovery mode and having fastboot. I was forgetting CWM is applied through the latter.
    Last edited by Solipsist; 10-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    This is an official Toshiba update, so it will load through the stock recovery. Unlike mine, that require CLockWorkMod because I can not get Toshiba's signature key.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    I booted to fastboot and attempted to install CWM and the first stage of it looks successful, but then it reboots the Thrive and states that it's waiting for a full boot, which will never happen (it sits at the Toshiba splash screen forever). I don't want to get too much off-topic, but will it install if it won't boot to Android? I did try going back to the recovery mode afterwards to apply your stock ROM but the signature verification fails, indicating that it is still the stock recovery utility.

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    I booted to fastboot and attempted to install CWM and the first stage of it looks successful, but then it reboots the Thrive and states that it's waiting for a full boot, which will never happen (it sits at the Toshiba splash screen forever). I don't want to get too much off-topic, but will it install if it won't boot to Android? I did try going back to the recovery mode afterwards to apply your stock ROM but the signature verification fails, indicating that it is still the stock recovery utility.
    After flashing clockworkmod do not let the thrive reboot by itself you have to boot back into recovery right after you flash clockworkmod or it will keep flashing stock recovery because your not rooted.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2- Thank you Tybar,jbettcher, pio_masaki.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Go into fastboot, get clockwork flashed and when its done and reboots and as soon as you see the toshiba splash screen press and hold the power to turn off the thrive, don't let it hang at the spash screen. Then bring it up with Power & volume+ get to clockwork and flash one of dalepl's ROMs. Yes clockwork will install even if it can't boot into android.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads