• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [Downgrade] Official Toshiba HMJ37.31.5.0011 to HMJ37.01.5.0032 Rollback

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I did have a question (and I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area), but when I was going through the process of rooting and the device rebooted, I was getting a "hardware driver not installed" popup in Windows 7. When checking the device manager, there was a listing for "AT100" (the tablet of course) with a yellow exclamation. The device was in code 10. This was not the USB debugging, as I installed the driver for this from the thrive easy flash zip (USB ADB). So, what was it? Is this a mass storage device driver that I did not install? It did not hinder me from rooting at all, but I am just curious as to what Windows saw and could not find a driver for.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    That is the MTP driver. Are you on Windows XP? If so, do you have Media Player 11 loaded? If not, do a search and download the MTP drivers from MS and install them. That should fix the issue.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    That is the MTP driver. Are you on Windows XP? If so, do you have Media Player 11 loaded? If not, do a search and download the MTP drivers from MS and install them. That should fix the issue.
    I'm on Win 7 x64. I will search for that. Thanks again!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Windows 7 should already have Media Player 11 loaded. If not, update it and the MTP driver will also update.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Windows 7 should already have Media Player 11 loaded. If not, update it and the MTP driver will also update.
    It does already have WMP11. I did some searching on this. DO you think it was because I had USB Debugging enabled when I rebooted into Windows? This is for media transfer to the device, right? I'll have to try this again tomorrow.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    No, you need USB Debugging on to out the device in ADB mode.
    My Development

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    That is what I figured. Ok, thanks again for all of the assistance man. There would be no chance that there is an actual hardware issue with the Thrive that would code 10 the MTP driver is what I am really concerned about. New to the tablet world, and I know very little regarding some of it (but learning rapidly). Just wanted to ensure that this is simply just a software issue at hand.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    It is a Windows issue. I think if you turn USB Debugging off on the Thrive, you will see the MTP driver load OK. I have seen a few other people have this issue.
    My Development

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yep, thanks again for everything. If you're ever in the Northern NJ area let me know and I'll get you a few beers

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Probably a dumb question, but do you have to have an SD card ( I dont) to run the rollback file or can you do it from internal storage?
    Over the mountain, watching the watcher... (RW)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads