• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [Downgrade] Official Toshiba HMJ37.31.5.0011 to HMJ37.01.5.0032 Rollback

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t1nk View Post
    After flashing clockworkmod do not let the thrive reboot by itself you have to boot back into recovery right after you flash clockworkmod or it will keep flashing stock recovery because your not rooted.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I had figured that out just as your reply notification came in. Now flashing dalepl's fully stock rom.

2. Ads

Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Solipsist View Post
    Thanks. I had figured that out just as your reply notification came in. Now flashing dalepl's fully stock rom.
    Good to hear,Let me know how it goes.

CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2- Thank you Tybar,jbettcher, pio_masaki.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Looks like we have all the issues worked out for this OTA. Thanks to everyone who has been helping out and giving advise to others on the proper steps.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by t1nk View Post
    Good to hear,Let me know how it goes.

Posted in the update thread earlier, but also wanted to post here to let everyone know that I was successful in getting back to 0032 stock and have no more issues. I will now attempt to go back to 0011 using dalepl's stock rooted update. Thanks all!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dang, I had the same fc issue that you did, but I called up Toshiba and they already shipped the box for repair. I guarantee they are going to do about the exact same thing, just use android recovery with one of their loads. Waste of $25.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I would imagine it is better to use this than the Tohiba APK/downgrade that I read about earlier in the week? This was where you would install a small Toshiba APK file and then downgrade to 0032 from within the system updater. Is this the same thing basically?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Quote Originally Posted by zektor View Post
    I would imagine it is better to use this than the Tohiba APK/downgrade that I read about earlier in the week? This was where you would install a small Toshiba APK file and then downgrade to 0032 from within the system updater. Is this the same thing basically?
    Yes, It's the same file. It was downloaded from the service station and then extracted.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    Yes, It's the same file. It was downloaded from the service station and then extracted.
    Nice. I am going to give this a whirl tonight. I have only owned the Thrive for a fe days, and of course the first thing I did was upgrade the rom. At least I have the ability to get back to 0032. I've been rooting Android phones for a long time, so I forsee no issues coming about doing this on the Thrive.
    batfish likes this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Well, that was even easier than expected. I worked till 8PM tonight and thought about doing this all day Downgraded to 0032, rooted and clockwork recover, flashed stock root 0032, and rooted 0011 update. Booted right in and now I am beautifully rooted on the latest 0011. Thanks a million dalepl for this! Went smooth as butter. Just a forewarning to others new to this, just READ the directions carefully and all will be just fine

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Your welcome and yes, please all read the instructions and all will go well. More people have issues due to not following the instructions.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads