• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Toshiba Thrive 10" too many issues after upgrade to ICS

Unfortunately, upgraded my tablet after 2 years of use (no issues) to ICS last week. It is close to useless after that.
    Any way out of ICS - downgrade or upgrade ? Please Help

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Use the Universal Flash Tool [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool. This will allow you to flash [ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) (if you have the US version, else find your ICS ROM in http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/dalepl/ .
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Use the Universal Flash Tool [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool . This will allow you to flash [ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) (if you have the US version, else find your ICS ROM in http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/dalepl/ .

Build number on my tablet is what is in the link IMM.....2314. This is all completely new to me. if i folow the instructions will I go back to HC 3.2?
    Thank you

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Followed the instructions as per the video... Here is what happened...

-- Install /sdcard ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Part 1 USB ADB driver installation also failed. Try from Windows 8.1 and Windows Vista computers and both failed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someone please help me ? What am I doing wrong ?

I have tried all suggestions in this forum, hoping that my Thrive will work again.

With reference to Dalepl suggestion...
    First, ADB USB driver installation fails -- I have tried many times. The error is Toshiba Thrive (WinUSB) AndroidUSBDeviceClass (12/06/2010 4.0000.00000) -- NXA user had the same error
    I Guess with this step incomplete there is no use trying to flash the ROM.

I have tried USB ADB installation using both Windows Vista and Windows 8.1 laptops. Both have failed.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Try choosing the ADB driver manually via Windows Device Manager update driver.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks...

Tried a few. Nothing works. My Windows 8.1 laptop identifies Thrive as a USB attached storage, but doesn't recognize it as a device (wasn't the Driver supposed to do this ?)
    On the explorer window, my thrive looks like a portable music player.

Manual ADB update : Windows Device Manager either says that the driver is not for suitable for Thrive or doesn't find one at all.

This is extremely frustrating. More frustrating since a working tablet was broken for following the instructions from the Manufacturer. And they don't care. They want money to fix it.

Anything else I can do other than trashing it ?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    1) [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool. == finally, installed successfully. However, when I connect the Thrive to PC to install the Flash tool, this is what happens

a) PC recognizing the new HW tries to install the drivers. It finds the ADB drivers, but install fails due to error

b) Tried to run the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool and it says unable to connect for backup. Device not found. Waiting for device to boot up

Remove Ads

Ads