• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    27454
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    No Superuser icon after"successful rooting" using Dalenet tool

    I am trying to root my Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 using DALEPL's tool. I originally got message uring the rooting on the tablet asking if i wanted to recover data from a computer and it had two areas to enter encryption password and data password, but it said if I did not request it not to perform the action...so I clicked on do not compete on bottom. Then it hangs. However, I then ran the tool under "Run as Administrator" mode and it didnt do that and all appeared to go well. I get the successful message at the end.

    However, I do not see any "Superuser" icon....and powering down and powering backup w/volume up, I only have two icons (one to coldboot Linux and the other is the basic Android System Recovery).

    Please help, as I need to be rooted to try to use "Digger" app to try to retrieve photos that somehow got deleted from the device. My wife is frantic about it. Any help is appreciated and I will donate.

    Jason

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    27391
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billyclubz View Post
    I am trying to root my Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 using DALEPL's tool. I originally got message uring the rooting on the tablet asking if i wanted to recover data from a computer and it had two areas to enter encryption password and data password, but it said if I did not request it not to perform the action...so I clicked on do not compete on bottom. Then it hangs. However, I then ran the tool under "Run as Administrator" mode and it didnt do that and all appeared to go well. I get the successful message at the end.

    However, I do not see any "Superuser" icon....and powering down and powering backup w/volume up, I only have two icons (one to coldboot Linux and the other is the basic Android System Recovery).

    Please help, as I need to be rooted to try to use "Digger" app to try to retrieve photos that somehow got deleted from the device. My wife is frantic about it. Any help is appreciated and I will donate.

    Jason
    You can get a 'superuser' app from playstore and install it.
    Before that get a 'Root Checker' app from playstore and make sure your tablet is 'rooted'

  4. #3
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    27454
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Still need help

    Quote Originally Posted by ak999 View Post
    You can get a 'superuser' app from playstore and install it.
    Before that get a 'Root Checker' app from playstore and make sure your tablet is 'rooted'

    I ran the process to root the system, but it does not appear to be rooted. Root checker says it is not rooted and superuser app only helps you if it is in fact rooted. I need help in getting it rooted. Thanks in advance.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    107
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    6,530
    Liked
    922 times
    If you got clockworkmod installed see http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=188424
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

  6. #5
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    27454
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Dalenet Tool not working

    The issue is I ran the Dalenet tool which indicated it was successful, but when I not appear to have Clockworkmod installed (when holding power and upper volume, I dont see an icon).

    How can I verify?

    All apps I downloaded indicated it is not rooted still.

    =mcarver2000;188573]If you got clockworkmod installed see http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=188424 [/QUOTE]

  7. #6
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    27391
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billyclubz View Post
    The issue is I ran the Dalenet tool which indicated it was successful, but when I not appear to have Clockworkmod installed (when holding power and upper volume, I dont see an icon).

    How can I verify?

    All apps I downloaded indicated it is not rooted still.

    =mcarver2000;188573]If you got clockworkmod installed see [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool - Page 145
    [/QUOTE]


    Try flashing Dalpel's rooted custom ROM following the instructions in the thread below:
    After flashing the rooted custom ROM, get a root checker app from play store and check if it is rooted.

    [ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)


 


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

root successful but still not rooted no superuser incon

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.