• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: os 4.1

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

os 4.1

I have heard that there is a way to get 4. 1 on the thrive. Can someone help me with that? I am a novice but really need to update for an ed program I am trying to runThank you

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Yes. You'll want to read this thread through at least the fourth post, explaining what Pio Masaki has released.

[Guide] Your walkthrough of Jelly Bean ROMs for the Thrive 10"

He released a few versions of CyanogenMod 10. His last version was called Exulted Elephant, I think. This was basically Paranoid Android from what I saw. There were hosting problems and he's been MIA a long time, so I couldn't tell you what's available right now.

Some like Black Bean, and others like me like Kuroikaze Shinka. It comes down to trying a ROM and seeing what's good.

Are you familiar with rooting, not for root access but to unlock the bootloader, and then flashing a custom ROM?
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads