• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times

[TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

This will provide you all the steps and files required to reflash HC 3.11 HTK55D.31.5.0003 back onto the Thrive AT100/105. These procedures should be used if your Thrive AT100/105 will not boot and has the following:

1.Stuck at the splash screen.
    2.Unrecoverable boot error.
    3.Continually to reboot.

This will work on any Thrive AT100/105 device (what ROM is currently loaded does not matter) except for the 3G/4G models. Once you have reflashed your device, it will have a US version of the HC 3.11 ROM loaded onto it. Once this is done, you will be able to use my root tool to root your device. Once rooted, you can then load any of the ROMs from this forum onto your device.

Now, if you have an unrecoverable boot error, this can also be a sign of a bad memory module. If a reflash does not correct your issue, you most likely have a hardware issue and not a ROM issue. For the memory module, in many cases, you can
    reseat the ribbon cable to it and the Thrive will then boot fine or be able to be reflashed. If during the reflash you should get any errors, try again and if the errors continue, then you probably have a memory isse. Try reseating the ribbon cable to the memory module and then try the reflash again.

Please understand, I did not write this reflash routine. I am only providing you the files and the instructions on how to reflash your Thrive. In the past, I would not release these files to anyone due to the fact that they can trash your device and the
    files belonged to Toshiba. Since Toshiba no longer supports the Thrive, I figured the files should now be OK to release. As for trashing your device, that is on you. You take all responsibility for using these files and my instructions.

Be sure to follow all the steps. I no longer have the time to provide the support I have in the past, so I will probably not be on to help you if you have issues during the reflash.

OK, now for the required files:

1. Windows APX Drivers (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

2. HTK55D.31.5.0003 Flashing Files (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

3. Thrive AT100/105 Reflash instructions (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)
    Last edited by danvee; 12-08-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    panda, danvee, Lieuallen and 10 others like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Thanks, dalepl!

As a Caveat, any members using it must understand, first and foremost, that this tool is used at your own risk, and the Forum can not, in any possible way, be responsible if you irrevocably brick your Thrive or otherwise damage it.

It is being offered as a free service, and the files may be deleted at any time at the request of Toshiba.

We may be able to offer some level of support, but it will be extremely limited.

Warning
    ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠!

Do not allow ANYONE (under ANY circumstances - no exceptions) but dalepl or Pio_Masaki to remote into your computer and Thrive, as they are not approved by the Staff or the forum owners to do so - regardless of what they may claim so far as experience or expertise.
    Any changes to the above will be updated by staff.

They may cause not only irrevocable damage to your tablet, but may compromise the security of your computer or in some way, infect it with a virus or malware.

If ANY MEMBER other than the abovementioned contact you, either publicly or privately, please report it to our staff immediately, and they'll be suitably dealt with.

Thanks!

The Moderation Team
    Last edited by danvee; 09-13-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    panda, rosalie and Burrman like this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Please do not look at the check sum right now. I forgot to update them. I will try to get that updated tonight.
    danvee and rosalie like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    briandickert
    When I install the driver it says "NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices" in Device Manager, not NVFlash like in the instructions. It seems like I'm following the instructions.

I tried to flash and I get a failure.

Any Suggestions?
    jwb1221 likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I 2nd what BrianD said...

I followed the directions 100% and it reads in device manager "NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Movile devices".

I click "nvf" and it reads:

Command send failed <usb write failed>
    finish
    press any key to continue...

I also PM'ed dalepl last Thursday. Thanks in advance...

- John

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi jwb1221 and welcome Sorry you're having issues. As dalepl, said, in the OP of this thread, he no longer has the time to provide the support he has in the past, so hopefully pio_masaki will pop in with some advice for you, or maybe one our other tech-savvy members will be able to give you some direction.
    Hang in there
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi again. Seems another member had the same error message recently when doing this and he told what worked for him. Also danvee mentioned in that thread needing to run it in administrator mode, if that helps.
    http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/sh...d.php?p=186578
    Last edited by rosalie; 09-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I, too, am getting an error when reflashing

First time on here, so I hope I'm doing this correctly and not breaking any rules, but I'm also getting an error after doing the reflash. In administrator mode, it says file path not found. Not in administrator mode, it says usb device not found. In both cases, press any key to continue, then shuts down. I started when trying to root then wound up with an unrecoverable bootloader error. Hoping there might be a response, as I too, will wait to see if anyone helps. Thanks for listening.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Sounds like drivers aren't installed properly.
    Check and redo.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

RE: Reflash

Will do! THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads