• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    same error I've been occured till now..

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Thrive gurus ... Any chance someone could advise whether there is something similar that works for AT300?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Sorry, astarot, the AT300 is an even more closed system, and I don't think any of our developers owned one to figure out, anyway.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Rookie

First, I want to thank the great mods Panda, Danvee, Rosalie, and others for their quality input.

I have a Thrive that updated to 4.0.4 and I'm wondering if I have to go back to HC in order to get to 4.2 which is the necessary update that a key piece of software that I use is requiring to continue to use?

Additionally or alternately, can I just use my Thrive as a 10" monitor for my phone via some kind of cable or software?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi ondeckdean, welcome to the forum! The latest Android version that anyone developed for the Thrive is Jelly Bean 4.1, which was not an official release, but something one of our developers Pio_Masaki made. Every so often, someone posts a link here and to other forums about new Android versions for older devices. They're always to blogspot.com pages, and if you look through the blog entries, the links are always to the same three files. That's simply impossible for the same ROM to work on different devices. At best, the links are clickbait to get advertising revenue. At worst, they're an attempt to get malware on someone's PC.

Would 4.1 work for this app? If you want to change Android versions, use the universal root tool first. It wouldn't be for the root, but to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, allowing you to flash a custom ROM. Note that unlocking the bootloader does a full wipe of an Android device (intentional security feature), so make your backups first.

I've never heard of anything for the Thrive, for either USB port, to get video input through a cable. There are apps to cast from one Android device to another, though this one doesn't work with all devices and may not with the Thrive because of its age. There are apps like this to get input from a USB camera, though I couldn't get an older Logitech webcam to work with my Thrive. I don't know if either USB port is USB OTG, which makes a big difference. In looking around, I came across this that isn't what you're looking for, but it's a way of getting analog video input to an Android device.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm in the process of buying a DJI Phantom 3 and I want to use my thrive (AT105-T1016) as the screen for the DJI GO app. However, it requires 4.1 and alas I am on the dreaded 4.0.4. I need to roll back to HC in order to root so I can load a 4.1 ROM. The problem I am having is if I hold the button with the paperclip then the thrive will not turn on. I've held the buttons (paperclip and power) as long as 30 seconds and nothing happens. It will turn on a boot fine without the paperclip. It also won't boot up if I hold the vol+ and power key at the same time. I did a factory reset through the thrive software interface already - not sure what else to try.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjenk View Post
    I'm in the process of buying a DJI Phantom 3 and I want to use my thrive (AT105-T1016) as the screen for the DJI GO app. However, it requires 4.1 and alas I am on the dreaded 4.0.4. I need to roll back to HC in order to root so I can load a 4.1 ROM. The problem I am having is if I hold the button with the paperclip then the thrive will not turn on. I've held the buttons (paperclip and power) as long as 30 seconds and nothing happens. It will turn on a boot fine without the paperclip. It also won't boot up if I hold the vol+ and power key at the same time. I did a factory reset through the thrive software interface already - not sure what else to try.

Appears to be working now. BAT file is running. I got the thrive to boot with paperclip button by unplugging, power, cmos battery, and battery for several minutes. Then the paperclip would work. I did this with windows 10 so had to boot in a special mode to disable driver signing or something like that (option 7). Couldn't get batch file to run, It worked by running the nvf_enc NOT as administrator.

Thrive is now booting. Now I'm off to find the root and MOD thread. I'm so glad you guys figure all this stuff out!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like I didn't need to roll back to HC???

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi jcjenk, welcome to the forum! That's right, you don't need to roll back, not since a couple of developers figured a way around 4.0.4's security. So that Easy Flash Tool should be all you need, and once you've unlocked the bootloader, you can flash any compatible ROM after without needing the Flash tool again.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

at105-1016 stuck at bootup firework screen

I cannot download the 3 files you suggested. Can you either repost them or send them to my email (scotttu@yahoo.com). thx
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    This will provide you all the steps and files required to reflash HC 3.11 HTK55D.31.5.0003 back onto the Thrive AT100/105. These procedures should be used if your Thrive AT100/105 will not boot and has the following:

1.Stuck at the splash screen.
    2.Unrecoverable boot error.
    3.Continually to reboot.

This will work on any Thrive AT100/105 device (what ROM is currently loaded does not matter) except for the 3G/4G models. Once you have reflashed your device, it will have a US version of the HC 3.11 ROM loaded onto it. Once this is done, you will be able to use my root tool to root your device. Once rooted, you can then load any of the ROMs from this forum onto your device.

Now, if you have an unrecoverable boot error, this can also be a sign of a bad memory module. If a reflash does not correct your issue, you most likely have a hardware issue and not a ROM issue. For the memory module, in many cases, you can
    reseat the ribbon cable to it and the Thrive will then boot fine or be able to be reflashed. If during the reflash you should get any errors, try again and if the errors continue, then you probably have a memory isse. Try reseating the ribbon cable to the memory module and then try the reflash again.

Please understand, I did not write this reflash routine. I am only providing you the files and the instructions on how to reflash your Thrive. In the past, I would not release these files to anyone due to the fact that they can trash your device and the
    files belonged to Toshiba. Since Toshiba no longer supports the Thrive, I figured the files should now be OK to release. As for trashing your device, that is on you. You take all responsibility for using these files and my instructions.

Be sure to follow all the steps. I no longer have the time to provide the support I have in the past, so I will probably not be on to help you if you have issues during the reflash.

OK, now for the required files:

1. Windows APX Drivers (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

2. HTK55D.31.5.0003 Flashing Files (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

3. Thrive AT100/105 Reflash instructions (MD5 Checksum Value: a31b2915b741986bb68f0c34d1b326a5)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads