• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    173 times
    Don't confuse with your graphics NVIDIA video thingie.
    NVIDIA Tegra - is what my Thrive shows as it boots and says Leading innovation. NVflash is a program for reflashing it, me thinks.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    TTMOO,
    Good news. I finally got it worked. What I found out is the instruction manual has one small mistake on Step 11(h). In there, the instruction says to open NVF.BAT. It should have been NVF_ENC.BAT. Both batch files are available in the unzipped file. If I used NVF.BAT, it will reject re-flashing. I have to restart from step 1 again all the way to use NVF_ENC.BAT. Not sure if this is because I am using windows 7 64-bit. Now, it is working like a charm. Your persistent encouragement helped me through. You are my GOD. I LOVE YOU, TTMOO.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    FYI, use nvf_Enc, not nvf. nvf failed me several times until I tried nvf_Enc. Both are available in upzipped file. For some reason, you can not use nvf_Enc with successful reflashing after you used nvf. I have to repeat Step 1 all the way to Step 12. I am using window 7 64-bit wiondows pc. Good luck.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    TTMOO,
    Good news. I finally got it worked. What I found out is the instruction manual has one small mistake on Step 11(h). In there, the instruction says to open NVF.BAT. It should have been NVF_ENC.BAT. Both batch files are available in the unzipped file. If I used NVF.BAT, it will reject re-flashing. I have to restart from step 1 again all the way to use NVF_ENC.BAT. Not sure if this is because I am using windows 7 64-bit. Now, it is working like a charm. Your persistent encouragement helped me through. You are my GOD. I LOVE YOU, TTMOO.

Edit 1: Look into each batch file, the NVF_Enc batch file is using all Encript binary files to flash. My guess is NVF_ENC is for Thrive that does not have USB debug mode ON machine. I may be wrong on this, but it worked on my Thrive.
    Edit 2: After refalshing, the Thrive seems to boot up faster and runs faster. Some apps don't work on the "new" Thrive (such as Google Chrome browser), but seems most of the basic apps are there. Is it now considered 'rooted'? I will go back to view the topic about 'root' more throughly.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

Ads