• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: If you get Bootloops after using Dalepl's Universal Easy Flash Tool (ICS ONLY)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Ok, if someone happens to come along and suffer the bootloop after rooting ICS, and ICS ONLY, you can try this http://pio-masaki.com/download.php?f...otloop-fix.zip. Just open it and run it the same way as you ran the root tool, it'll do everything else. It's basically a cleanup script for after the rooting of the ICS rom fails to clean up for some reason.

fixme.bat is for windows
    fixme.sh is for linux

It should be self sufficient and not need anything else. This is assuming drivers are already installed and working since the root process took place already.

It will revert the temp root put in place by the script with this:
    adb shell "echo "ro.kernel.qemu=0" > /data/local.prop"

Temp root was using ro.kernel.qemu=1 which is why it has those odd bootloops and general instability.
    It will then finish cleaning up, since the previous root script apparently fails for some reason, with:
    adb shell "busybox rm /data/x-root -rf"

Which will delete the temp files used while rooting. Not a big deal, but I may as well include it anyways, right? It may five an error about path not found or similar, if it does that just means the root script did clear it before hand and there's nothing for this to do.

Remember, ADB debugging must be enabled, screen must be on/awake, lock screen must be unlocked (PIN, password, etc, entered and unlocked) for best results.

Hope this helps someone out before doing a factory reset.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    Ok, if someone happens to come along and suffer the bootloop after rooting ICS, and ICS ONLY, you can try this http://pio-masaki.com/download.php?f...otloop-fix.zip. Just open it and run it the same way as you ran the root tool, it'll do everything else. It's basically a cleanup script for after the rooting of the ICS rom fails to clean up for some reason.
    I have tried the above (quoted) and I have tried this READ FIRST If your Thrive is stuck at the fireworks screen or Bootloops and this Cracking Open the Toshiba Thrive - TechRepublic.

None of it has worked. I get stuck on the splash screen that you get before it actually boots. Is there anything else I could try? I'm at my wits end with this. Or if there is nothing 'I' can do is there anyone willing to help me with this like Dalepl or pio_masaki? I only ask because I have tried everything I know and a few that I didn't.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi, kender42 and welcome If you tried pio's bootloop fix, and suggestions 1,2 and 3 in the 'bootloop thread' then yes, do as suggested in #4 of that thread, and send a private message to pio_masaki and/or dalepl. one of them will get back to you and advise you as to what to do from there.
    Also , remember the warning in that thread. Don't respond if you should get a private message from anyone other than pio_masaki or dalepl offering help with this matter.

Good luck!

SwiftKeyed via Tapatalk 💕
    danvee likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by kender42 View Post
    I have tried the above (quoted) and I have tried this READ FIRST If your Thrive is stuck at the fireworks screen or Bootloops and this Cracking Open the Toshiba Thrive - TechRepublic.

None of it has worked. I get stuck on the splash screen that you get before it actually boots. Is there anything else I could try? I'm at my wits end with this. Or if there is nothing 'I' can do is there anyone willing to help me with this like Dalepl or pio_masaki? I only ask because I have tried everything I know and a few that I didn't.
    This is meant to fix boot loops, what you have isn't a boot loop, it's a different issue that requires different methods to be used.
    danvee likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is meant to fix boot loops, what you have isn't a boot loop, it's a different issue that requires different methods to be used.
    Can you direct me to what methods I need to use? I have sent a pm to both you and Dalepl but have yet to receive a response. Is this something that can be fixed or is it bricked with no hope of recovery?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Can you direct me to what methods I need to use? I have sent a pm to both you and Dalepl but have yet to receive a response. Is this something that can be fixed or is it bricked with no hope of recovery?
    It can usually be fixed, I respond to the PMs in order as I can take care of the users, if I don't then I get mixed up and people get missed. I'll send you a pm when your turn comes.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    You need to have patience. pio and dalepl get a lot of PMs and they both have families and lives. They help people in their free time as time petmits.

SwiftKeyed via Tapatalk 💕
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so very very much pio_masaki. You have saved my sanity. Then I shall just stand by and wait till my turn comes. Thank you again, I really appreciate your hard work on this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im having troublee with my thrive. i got it from my mom, and god knows what she did with it. i try to boot it up and at say Unrecoverable Bootloader...blah blah blah....them it goes to the fireworks screen, and thats the end of it. the battery is new. im just at a loss right now.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartr2007 View Post
    im having troublee with my thrive. i got it from my mom, and god knows what she did with it. i try to boot it up and at say Unrecoverable Bootloader...blah blah blah....them it goes to the fireworks screen, and thats the end of it. the battery is new. im just at a loss right now.
    Hi, stewartr2007. Welcome to Thrive Forums
    This thread is for problems that occur after someone uses the Easy Flash Tool to root the Thrive. Did you use the tool to try to root, and then got the error and bootloop afterwards? Or was it doing that when you got it from your Mom.
    From what you said "God knows what she did with it" it sounds like it was like that when you got it from your Mom, but please clarify that. It might make a difference in what you need to do to fix it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads