• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Cool [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0005 Modded Stock ROM (US HC 3.2.1)

Thrive HTK55D.31.5.0005 Modded Stock ROM - This is a US based ROM

To install this ROM, you will need to have used my DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0005_OTA_Root_Tool. This tool will put fastboot back onto your device, flash ClockWorkMod, and root the ROM.

This release of DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0005 Stock Modded Stock ROM is basicaly a stock ROM, but I did add ClockWorkMod. I moved many of the pre-installed apps from system to user installed. This allows you to remove the apps you do not want and keep the apps that you want to keep. I have added only minimal mods and will add more if there is enough interest in the mod. You can use Titanium Backup or any root enabled file manager to remove any of the pre-installed apps that I did not move to the user installed area.

- INSTRUCTIONS -

NOTE: Please do a complete system backup before installing this ROM. If you have a problem when loading, you will then be able to restore your device to the way it was before you attempted to install this ROM. Thank you.

WARNING: This WILL delete all user data and apps. It resets the device to out of the box state.

To install this ROM, do the following:
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Unzip the file and copy the update.zip to the root of your external SD card.
    3. Boot the device into ClockWorkMod Recovery.
    4. Select APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD.
    5. Select EXTERNAL SD CARD.
    6. Select YES - INSTALL /SDCARD-EXT/UPDATE.ZIP.
    7. Watch the ROM install on your device.
    8. When completed, select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW.
    9. Enjoy.
    - SCREEN SHOTS -

None. Looks like the stock OS out of the box.

- CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0
    • Initial release.
    • Added ClockWorkMod.
    • Added OpenVPN patch.
    • Added fix to allow apps to write to Sdcard.
    • Added AdHoc patch.
    • Moved the following pre-installed items from system to user installed:
      • Adobe Flash Player
      • Earth Live Wallpaper
      • Galaxy Live Wallpaper
      • Google Books
      • Google Movie Studio
      • Google Music Player
      • Google Video
      • HW Games SE launcher
      • HW Backgammon
      • HW Euchre SE
      • HW Hearts SE
      • HW Solitare SE
      • HW Spades SE
      • Kerperskey Tablet Security
      • NSF Shift
      • Polar Clock Live Wallpaper
      • PrintShare
      • Quickoffice
      • Sky Live Wallpaper
      • Swype Keyboard
      • Toshiba Media Player
      • Toshiba Registration
      • Toshiba Thrive User's Guide
      • Water Live Wallpaper
      • YouTube Player
    • ZipAligned apk files.
    -v1.1
    • Corrected issue where Sdcard read/write fix did not work.
    • Corrected issue where ROM would reboot when installing apps with Google Market.
    • Updated Adobe Flash Player app.
    • Updated Google Books app.
    • Updated Google Music Player app.
    • Updated Google Video app.
    • Updated Netflix app.
    -v1.2
    • Corrected issue where AdHoc would not work.
    • Corrected issue where OpenVPN would not work.
    • Updated install script.
    -v1.3
    • Updated ClockWorkMod to v5.5.0.4 compiled by @clstengel.
    • Moved the stock File Manager from the pre-installed app section to the user installed app section.
    • Moved Google GMail app from the pre-installed app section to the user installed app section.
    • Moved Google Music Player from the pre-installed app section to the user installed app section.
    -v1.4
    • Updated Google Music app.
    • Updated Google Market app.

- DOWNLOAD -

DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0005_Modded_Stock_ROM-v1.4 (MD5 Checksum Value: 87dcd056ad8e57045cf50a81f2fdf73c)

GPS Fix By Country and Continent

- FUTURE CHANGES

None. This will remain a stock ROM for people to flash their device back to fully stock.

- Thanks -

@clstengel for compiling the new ClockWorkMod for us.
    All those that have tested for me.
    All those that have donated to me.
    Last edited by dalepl; 01-31-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Question (or 2): What exactly is DRM support and what does removing it do? Why were the rest removed? Wouldn't it be preferable for them to be ” user installs”, so one can make their own decision as whether to keep them or deep-six themself?

Removed the following items:

DRM support
    HW Games SE launcher
    HW Backgammon
    HW Euchre SE
    HW Hearts SE
    HW Solitare
    SE HW Spades SE
    Kerperskey Tablet Security
    NSF Shift

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Yes, I am reconsidering the games and such. The only issue is the HW games leave parts behind if you uninstall them. I guess I can list the items to delete if you do uninstall them. As for DRM, it is the encryption for the Google videos. I am removing that from all of the ROMs. It really is a pain and most people do not use it. DRM does not work on a lot of sites if you are rooted and it seems the app builders are smart enough to have thier app check for root now.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Just having a thought process here... Down the road one will have a tool to unroot and root at will. If other apps or sites use the DRM support, one would need to reflash to a ROM with support. If it isn't doing any harm, why not leave it? As you can tell I am more of the school of just give me root and I will now have the power to make the decisions on what stays and what doesn't. That's why I want root, the power to make my own decisions, and not have them made by someone else - be that Google, Toshiba, or the devs.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    That would be fine by me. Less work for me if I do not have to remove all the parts for DRM. I may just build an update.zip file that can remove it for those that do not want it in thier ROM. As you see, I truely prefer the stock ROMs, that is why all my stuff has been that way since day one. I did remove the games from HC 3.2.1 because I was having issues with them, but I will probably put them back in on the next update.
    My Development

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    OK, just posted an update to this ROM too. Same fixes as the other two ROMs. Enjoy.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    First, the above link is not working.

Second, this is my first post, and I am new to the Thrive or tablets in general. I've been reading this forum and quickly realized that "you are the man." I've successfully rooted my Tab and used the OOM, thanks to you. However, I have a few questions and/or suggestions. I decided to switch to the modded stock because I like the 99 cents deals on Google videos; do you know a way to use Google Videos with a rooted Tab? Also, is it possible to add Anrdoid Maket to the user apps? I'd like to install the newest one while being able to uninstall the older one. Finally, is it possible to make a rooted OOM ROM? Sorry if the requests seem self-centered, but I can't imagine why others wouldn't want the latest android market as well as an unrooted OOM. In my mind, the OOM is a very felt difference, and the Thrive should come stock with those memory changes. Appreciate the work you're doing.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    OK, link is now fixed. As for getting Google Video working with root, no. It seems that the DRM video apps are now looking for root and will not allow the downloads when it detects it. No way to hide it. The newest Google MArket is posted in the APPS section. You can side load it. I can add it on my next update to the ROM. As for an unrooted OOM ROM, I will think about it, but I really did not want to keep track of another boot image and ROM.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    OK, link is now fixed. As for getting Google Video working with root, no. It seems that the DRM video apps are now looking for root and will not allow the downloads when it detects it. No way to hide it. The newest Google MArket is posted in the APPS section. You can side load it. I can add it on my next update to the ROM. As for an unrooted OOM ROM, I will think about it, but I really did not want to keep track of another boot image and ROM.
    Thanks for the fast reply. I can't imagine the work that goes into maintaining your ROMS, and since I have a 10 and 7 Thrive and am benefiting from your work, I'd like to donate, as I'v seen others mention it. Sorry if this is a dumb question, or not the right spot for it, but where do I go to do so?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nevermind, that was a dumb question, especially since I've been glancing over and over again for the last few days. Hope the little I gave helps your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads