• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Cool [Tool] DaleNet Thrive 7" HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Aussie HC 3.2.1 Root Tool

Thrive 7" HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Root Tool - This is for the Aussie based ROM only!

This release of DaleNet Thrive 7" HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Root Tool will allow you to root the HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Aussie HC 3.2.1 ROM. This tool uses an exploit that @Turnyourbackandrun researched and found. This tool will apply the exploit and gain temperary root access to the device. It will then flash a root enabled boot image, install the su and busybox binaries, install the superuser.apk, and creat all the simlinks to enable permanent root to your device. Finally, it will flash ClockWorkMod to the device.

- INSTRUCTIONS -

To root do the following:

You will need to have the ADB drivers loaded and working on your PC. Ensure the PC can communicate with the Thrive through ADB before you attempt to use this tool. The correct ADB drivers are provided with this tool in the "USB ADB Drivers" folder.
    1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it).
    2. Open the root.bat file.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:
      1. On the main screen, select APPS.
      2. On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log.
      3. From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view.
      4. On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top.
      5. Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom.
      6. If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good.
      7. If you have a failure, try doing the update again.
    5. Enjoy.
    - CHANGE LOG -

-v1.0
    • Initial release.

-v1.1
    • Updated ClockWorkMod to version 5.5.0.4 compiled by @clstengel.
    • Updated ADB drivers to @batfish’s Windows installer.
    - DOWNLOAD -

DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTJ85D.03.5.0003_Root_Tool_v1.1 (MD5 Checksum Value: 594b6d48c7c8dd7ce3f3f7f9da098b7c)

- FUTURE CHANGES

None right now.

- Thanks -

All those that have tested for me. Especially @Kobos331 and @Affenzeit for sacrificing thier first devices to test a tool that bricked thier devices (glad you could get them replaced).
    @clstengel for compiling this version of ClockWorkMod image for us.
    @batfish for creating the Windows ADB driver installer.
    @Turnyourbackandrun for his research and finding the exploit we are using that makes this possible.
    All those that have donated to me.
    Last edited by dalepl; 01-28-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi nice work on the aussie root tool, I only just discovered it while writing my intro would this be compatiable with my thrive?

As I see yours has HJ85B? is this related to the build number?

Just got a thrive from australia Android version 3.0.1 Build number HRI.03.5.0004, I want to be able to use Excel spreadsheets on it. I can view them but I have no Macro functions.

So I have come here for help in rooting the device so I can run linux on the device in the hope for having a more powerful office program to run.

I have notice that dalep has put an aussie rom on this forum which was not here when I first visited this site.
    [ROM] DaleNet HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Full Stock ROM (Aussie HC 3.2.1)

However when I tried to install clockwork i got stuck at the part where I needed the GPS lock and could go no further (Yes had the GPS lock and closed google maps )

So I then tried ALFs Noob guide
    Thrive Rooting Tutorial for us Noob's!

which worked great until i got to the part where i used the easy flash tool and had to choose a rom from the listed menu, The rom i needed is not on that list

So I am now at a loss again, although I just seen a tool from dalep to root the aussie rom though I am uncertain if this will be compatiable with my build number
    [Tool] DaleNet Thrive 7" HTJ85B.03.5.0003 Aussie HC 3.2.1 Root Tool

Any help or feed back on rooting an Aussie THRIVE would be great thanks.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Go read your other post on this. I already answered you.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Updated the tool. Read the OP for changes.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi dalepl,

It doesn't work on my thrive 7. Just keeps on asking to get the google map lock and try again. Is it related to the model number? In Hong Kong, the model number is AT1S0 with the build number to Australia HTJ85B.03.5.0003. Android version is also 3.2.

Thanks in advance.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    This is the correct tool. You need to make sure you have the ADB drivers loaded corrdctly. You must also insure you have a good GPS lock (solid circle inside the outer circle)on Google Maps and then use the back button (not the home button) to close Google Maps.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    This is the correct tool. You need to make sure you have the ADB drivers loaded corrdctly. You must also insure you have a good GPS lock (solid circle inside the outer circle)on Google Maps and then use the back button (not the home button) to close Google Maps.
    Oh~ here's my problem, the GPS keeps on searching over minutes... I will keep on trying this. Maybe, switch to my friend' notebook tomorrow... Thanks again.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eckh View Post
    Oh~ here's my problem, the GPS keeps on searching over minutes... I will keep on trying this. Maybe, switch to my friend' notebook tomorrow... Thanks again.
    My thrive can't get the gps lock.The gps circle disappeared (sometimes after blinking) and the root tool just passed through flashing boot image; but, no Superuser app there. (print screen of flashing is attached) My last chance is to try my friends notebook...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eckh; 01-28-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eckh View Post
    My thrive can't get the gps lock.The gps circle disappeared (sometimes after blinking) and the root tool just passed through flashing boot image; but, no Superuser app there. (print screen of flashing is attached) My last chance is to try my friends notebook...
    Sorry, it's not flashed with superuser yet. I continued the step 2 and succeed now....

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    OK, so you are now fully rooted with Superuser loaded?
    My Development

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads