• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danvee

Thread: [WIP] Pinout of Thrive 10 dock connector

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Twitter
    AmEv7Fam

[WIP] Pinout of Thrive 10 dock connector

I've always wanted to build a keyboard dock for my Thrive. Which is why I'm interested in the pinout.

However, it's not publicly available online, both the pinout, and the connector.

In the meantime, we can figure the pinout, well, out while finding an open connector.

From what I hear, the pinout isn't the same from device to device, so let's keep it to Thrive 10.

Text:

(don't want 40 lines of text. Suggestions?)

Image:

(none yet)
    Have a desire to throw money at my screen? Don't. Nothing'll happen. Use PayPal instead!
    Are you "thriving" for Ubuntu, and/or a Tegra 2 expert? I need your help! I've hit developer's block!
    Got OTA ICS? Want root? Go here!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Docks are dirt cheap now, like $6 from Ben's Outlet.
    Maybe somebody can 'donate' one to the cause....
    AmEv likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Twitter
    AmEv7Fam
    I own an audio dock, btw.
    Have a desire to throw money at my screen? Don't. Nothing'll happen. Use PayPal instead!
    Are you "thriving" for Ubuntu, and/or a Tegra 2 expert? I need your help! I've hit developer's block!
    Got OTA ICS? Want root? Go here!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    We've seen the multi docks for as little as $6

http://bensoutlet.com/products/toshiba-dock
    Last edited by danvee; 07-21-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello, all. I know this is an old thread and that AmEv is on personal leave for a couple of years, but I need to know if anyone found what the pinouts are to the docking connector. I've searched high and low and have found the pinouts for every Toshiba proprietary connector except for the 10.1" Thrive AT105-T1016. I have a docking station with HDMI & USB connectors, but am unwilling/unable to break it down, and prefer looking at a wiring diagram to build a cable to connect the tablet to the dock. There are times when I need to place the tablet into portrait view but still be hooked into the dock (apps that are poorly programmed or designed for phones) Maybe I am using the wrong search phrases, and really need some help. If anyone has found a service manual or wiring diagram and could point me in the correct direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    I've always wanted to build a keyboard dock for my Thrive. Which is why I'm interested in the pinout.

However, it's not publicly available online, both the pinout, and the connector.

In the meantime, we can figure the pinout, well, out while finding an open connector.

From what I hear, the pinout isn't the same from device to device, so let's keep it to Thrive 10.

Text:

(don't want 40 lines of text. Suggestions?)

Image:

(none yet)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ChDavisJr View Post
    Hello, all. I know this is an old thread and that AmEv is on personal leave for a couple of years, but I need to know if anyone found what the pinouts are to the docking connector. I've searched high and low and have found the pinouts for every Toshiba proprietary connector except for the 10.1" Thrive AT105-T1016. I have a docking station with HDMI & USB connectors, but am unwilling/unable to break it down, and prefer looking at a wiring diagram to build a cable to connect the tablet to the dock. There are times when I need to place the tablet into portrait view but still be hooked into the dock (apps that are poorly programmed or designed for phones) Maybe I am using the wrong search phrases, and really need some help. If anyone has found a service manual or wiring diagram and could point me in the correct direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.
    Wow, talk about a long time with no responses. I'm sure most people have moved on from the thrive by now, but this thread piqued my curiosity. I am retrieving one of my thrives this weekend, and I found multi-docks for sale, if they're still available next week, I will snap up two of them, and disassemble one, to get pictures and hopefully a pinout. I could tear down an audio dock right now, but if I'm going to do it, might as well get the pinout for the USB and HDMI ports in the process.
    ----- If it's not modded, it must not be mine -----
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7
    HTC Hero CDMA / NFX Stock (Modified)
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus / BlackICE #39
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / Rooted OOM
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / HoneyBaked 1.3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 / Rooted

Remove Ads

Ads